FordPass 3.25 released

MachEUser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I would be shocked and amazed if the cloud was needed to USE BackupStartCode after it is set.; my bet is that the encrypted key /password sits in the MME local Sync4 memory once it has been set up... Once you have your PAAK enabled, and activated, and backupstartcode set, you should be good no matter what.

otherwise, you could not EVER use the code if you were not in wifi/cell range.

I know for a fact that it worked when I was in the mountains without cell or wifi because I tested what would happen if I used door code, and backup code, as if I lost my phone while hiking. ( I turned phone off, and left trailside a ways away from MME, used door code for entry, and backupstartcode to run....)
I tried using the backup codes but they didn’t work as they were removed with the above error messages. So if there is a cloud or server issue, it can remove the backup codes as well. Not as durable as I thought.
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Other users have posted that cloud connectivity is not required for PaaK. This server issue actively reset at least some user accounts, hence the backup code being deleted.
You should read ChasingCoral trip thread and no cell service the first day he left his fob at the hotel. They delete some peoples paak and passcodes what else we got at that point to count on. Starting to be pretty clear how much confidence you can have with just a phone on longer trips.

My second fob finally came in and it sure is not cheap after setup costs. Really pretty sad that there is no way to confidently leave home without a fob but two are not provided. I will use paak but can not count on it or passcodes as confirmed this past week. Do not think it can be call a backend issue as it is front and center for most owners. This week sent a pretty clear message FP is highly server/connection dependent and can go down at any time. Not worth the potential hassle not to have a fob. I do feel a bit ripped off buying the second one at such a high inflated cost especially for a vehicle just purchased at this price point.