Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Anyone else noticed that schedule doesn’t work in securialert anymore since update had it set to a schedule but now since update it’s on all the time.
Securialert scheduling has never worked for me., so I have it turned off 24/7/365. IIRC it wasn’t even supposed to be rolled out to most of us, so …
Sponsored

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I bet most of you devastated about the Facebook integration have Instagram, Facebook, or Whatsapp accounts.
Nope, don't use any meta products and never will as long as it remains a data mining operation.

Chapschaps

First Name
Oneil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select Fusion energi
Country flag
Securialert scheduling has never worked for me., so I have it turned off 24/7/365. IIRC it wasn’t even supposed to be rolled out to most of us, so …
It use to work for me but since I did the update it’s not working so I turn it off

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
After doing this update I don't even see where Facebook is anywhere in this app yet.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I got SecuriAlert in this version of the app with a fully updated vehicle. HOWEVER, it's extremely buggy, says the app isn't responding and the schedule is broken. I'm not sure we should have gotten this based on my previous conversation with Ford, but who knows. I don't know if it actually even works, I haven't tried it yet.
My car has never had SecuriAlert available on it and it showed up yesterday and it seems like it works OK. Not sure if it was this app or an OTA update. I don't recall seeing it immediately after updating the app, only first time last night. I know 1.6 is rolling out to later builds according to posts on Reddit forum. My system still says "up to date" though, just like since I've bought it (July 3, 2021 build)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Anyone else noticed that schedule doesn’t work in securialert anymore since update had it set to a schedule but now since update it’s on all the time.
Yes, I have the same issue. I just turned reprogrammed it for nights only and still getting alert. We'll see if it is still there tomorrow.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I got SecuriAlert in this version of the app with a fully updated vehicle. HOWEVER, it's extremely buggy, says the app isn't responding and the schedule is broken. I'm not sure we should have gotten this based on my previous conversation with Ford, but who knows. I don't know if it actually even works, I haven't tried it yet.
Seems that some of us are experiencing different symptoms here than others... My vehicle received the SecuriAlert feature within 3 weeks of when forum members first began reporting about it.

When this first arrived in FordPass, the on/off function sometimes worked... It required multiple attempts. But the shedule option never worked for me (I could go through the motions in FordPass but the Save button always failed to save).

Then a FordPass update about three versions ago made the schedule section always empty so I can not even attempt to add one anymore. It's still that way. But that version also made the on/off slider work reliably or at least most of the time.

i do get notifications about vehicle doors opening while SecuriAlert is enabled, but only if FP is still running in the background. But I have to force close FordPass to avoid the risk of it draining my battery. ?

Plus if I restart my phone for any reason, FordPass doesn't autostart.. so no SecuriAlerts and no PaaK until I remember to launch FP. Among other things, my driver monitoring app (KnowYourDrive from American Family Insurance) DOES autostart so I know it's technically feasible for FordPass to do the same. FP is one of the few Android apps I use that doesn't seem to cloud-sourced notifications to me when it is not fully running.

Anyway, it's nice to have folks from the FordPass team here like @Ford Team and @dsuyang so we can help them build and prioritize their backlogs.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I use SecureAlert on occasion without issue. I haven’t tried it since FordPass version 3.FaceBook though ????

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Yes... I noticed that too. Glad is isn't just me. I disabled it. Got the notice that it updated the car. Then re-enabled it. Got the notice that it updated the car again -- thinking that maybe I just needed to re-push the schedule back to the car ... but no dice. I still get an alert even during the times of the day when it is not supposed to notify me.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I want them to make it less of a battery hog instead of adding new features. I have a new pixel pro 6 and it drains my battery maybe faster than it did on my S20. Having a long lasting battery is more important than using my phone to unlock the car and I always have the FOB with me anyway. I am about to disable PAAK AGAIN and just use the key the normal way. In regards to FB integration, I am using Facebook less and less due to ads and seeing more posts from businesses and groups than I do my actual friends so it may soon be a passing fad. I have Twitter, instagram, whatsapp but use it only if I need to reach out to contact a business or someone who only uses it.
Just shouting out because I have the same phone as you. :) Maybe we should compare app experiences...

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Seems that some of us are experiencing different symptoms here than others... My vehicle received the SecuriAlert feature within 3 weeks of when forum members first began reporting about it.

When this first arrived in FordPass, the on/off function sometimes worked... It required multiple attempts. But the shedule option never worked for me (I could go through the motions in FordPass but the Save button always failed to save).

Then a FordPass update about three versions ago made the schedule section always empty so I can not even attempt to add one anymore. It's still that way. But that version also made the on/off slider work reliably or at least most of the time.

i do get notifications about vehicle doors opening while SecuriAlert is enabled, but only if FP is still running in the background. But I have to force close FordPass to avoid the risk of it draining my battery. ?

Plus if I restart my phone for any reason, FordPass doesn't autostart.. so no SecuriAlerts and no PaaK until I remember to launch FP. Among other things, my driver monitoring app (KnowYourDrive from American Family Insurance) DOES autostart so I know it's technically feasible for FordPass to do the same. FP is one of the few Android apps I use that doesn't seem to cloud-sourced notifications to me when it is not fully running.

Anyway, it's nice to have folks from the FordPass team here like @Ford Team and @dsuyang so we can help them build and prioritize their backlogs.
I see the same as you I believe. I can turn SecuriAlert on or off but can't edit the schedule. I see a menu choice but it doesn't go anywhere.

My work around is to use my wife's iPhone to set the schedule. Adjusting it on her phone appears to make it work on my phone too because I get the alerts. Or to put it a different way.. if I turn it off, it turns off on both phones and vice versa.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I bet most of you devastated about the Facebook integration have Instagram, Facebook, or Whatsapp accounts.
I don't have any of them and since I don't I guess I don't care they integrated it since I wont use that part of it anyway. But given the privacy concerns I can see why people are upset its part of the app now.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes, I have the same issue. I just turned reprogrammed it for nights only and still getting alert. We'll see if it is still there tomorrow.
That did it. No Securialerts today. I think the car/app has to go through a programmed on/off cycle before it turns off.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Another apparent loss in 1.7.1 or FP 3.35: “Charge Now” seems to be gone. Earlier this week I wanted to top off Marlin so I could charge the Leaf overnight. I couldn’t find the button anywhere on the FP app or Sync 4A screen.
Sponsored