Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I had that update done on my 22, things are still not 100% fixed. I think I can say unlocking/opening my car is more reliable, maybe 75% working.

I am still getting No Key Detected 50% of the time I drive.

Delaying the release on the Lightning tells the story, it’s just flawed. They should have went with Apple CarKey.
Looks like your problems are with your phone, you might have to go into the menus on the big screen and clear your PAAK keys and add them again. Make sure you force close everything and reboot your phone too. The keys made before your RFA update may be partially corrupted so they should be re-issued.

Steps:

- remove the phone(s) from the phone list
- remove the "Mustang Mach-E" and the "XXXXX MACH E" from the phone BT device list
- remove any pre-existing PaaK you may have set up via Fordpass app
- Perform a PaaK Reset
- sign out of the app, force quit, reboot phone, and sign in again
- restart process

If you have a second phone paired with the car (e.g. wife's phone) make sure that's out of range or turn off since it could cause issues with the paring.

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
Sigh…. PAAK was working great for months. Used it full time. Now it’s totally broken for me and says no key detected. Confirmed Bluetooth is connected to the car.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I can always access the car with my (iPhone 13 Pro) PAAK. But it’s slow, and almost always requires multiple presses of the door button and/or unlocking the phone before I get to the car. Occasionally it also tells me “no key detected” after accessing and starting the car. It’s a pretty poor experience in general. These problems are reported all over the forum so it’s certainly a problem with the car (not the phone). Can you potentially work around it by erasing and reconfiguring your settings each time Ford deploys a new FordPass version? Maybe sometimes. But that’s still a ford problem.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I think it's worth mentioning that owners that still have trouble with PAAK like this need an RFA module update to fix the issues. The RFA is the bluetooth module in the car that runs PAAK, the old '21 software was buggy as hell. Owners with the latest PAAK software report little to no PAAK issues (it works >95% of the time), so it's a significant improvement. Reference SSM 50845 to your dealer.

Mirak, you almost certainly need an RFA update on the car to fix your PAAK issues, new FordPass versions aren't going to help you.
Thank you. I’ve taken my car into the ship about a half dozen times in the past 1.5yrs for various updates, including PAAK and door opening issues. But I haven’t brought it back in about four months, so now I wonder if this SSM might entail some new update or procedure that might help. I’ll ask the service center specifically about this SSM.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I can always access the car with my (iPhone 13 Pro) PAAK. But it’s slow, and almost always requires multiple presses of the door button and/or unlocking the phone before I get to the car. Occasionally it also tells me “no key detected” after accessing and starting the car. It’s a pretty poor experience in general. These problems are reported all over the forum so it’s certainly a problem with the car (not the phone). Can you potentially work around it by erasing and reconfiguring your settings each time Ford deploys a new FordPass version? Maybe sometimes. But that’s still a ford problem.
This sounds pretty similar to my experience. I haven’t kept a detailed log, but I’d say the “No Key Detected” is now quite rare - maybe one in fifty (ironically it happened to me today). But I’d say maybe 10% of the time the car does not Auto Unlock the doors for me, period, when using PAAK. And maybe another 50% of the time the car needs several seconds, or several button pushes (can’t be sure which), to wake up. I can tell the car is doing something because I start hearing clicks the first time I push the door button, but sometimes the doors open and sometimes they don’t.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Looks like your problems are with your phone, you might have to go into the menus on the big screen and clear your PAAK keys and add them again. Make sure you force close everything and reboot your phone too. The keys made before your RFA update may be partially corrupted so they should be re-issued.

Steps:

- remove the "Mustang Mach-E" and the "XXXXX MACH E" from the phone BT device list
- Perform a PaaK Reset
- restart process

If you have a second phone paired with the car (e.g. wife's phone) make sure that's out of range or turn off since it could cause issues with the paring.
I done this twice with both mine and my wife’s phone and I think the first time it worked for a little while (maybe a week) and then back to weirdness. The second time it didn’t work at all. Everything worked perfect back in May and we even showed off the function to friends. Now it’s carry the key fob to make sure we dont have issues getting into the car or starting. Tried the keypad a few times but even after that the car wouldn’t start without the key present. It’s a new car and the promised function of PaaK doesn’t work. Not a good experience. At some point I’ll get the wireless charging and Bluetooth modules updated at dealer.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I am still having lots of problems with the car being sluggish or refusing to wake up at all to unlock my doors on approach with the PAAK. I have to use the key pad.
The last couple months PaaK has been terrible with unlocks and rear hatch (either kick or physical button). Although the hatch has always been flaky. Hopefully this version helps but it sounds like they know there is issues with iOS and Android is on hold.

OP
OP
notaek

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag

Steps:

- Perform a PaaK Reset
- restart process

I went nuclear and wiped my phone a month ago.

Same issues. It’s not the phones.

It’s just bad software.

There is no other excuse and no one should even have to think of wiping their phone, deleting an app or resetting PAAK to resolve these issues on a $50k+ car. That’s pure bull 💩.

Luckily I’m tech savvy enough I can mostly put up with it but I can’t imagine the average person dealing with it.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
How to install this update

Greg-Car

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
You have to set up phone as a key and can then control the windows, trunk and trunk (on some cars).
Thank you. Never even tried that. The day I picked the car up the dealer told me it was the one feature he has never gotten to work, which was why Ford was gifting me with a second key.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
My phone as a key worked great for a year. Now the app tells me “Bluetooth Disconnected”, even though it is connected in the settings tab.

I have to refresh my Bluetooth toggle in settings & then FP connects. Anyone know why? I went to check on new FP Update but does not seem to be there.

only caveat is my phone is “ out of storage” & for some more money Apple would be happy to give me more. Is this causing my issue?

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I have something similar with my recent PowerUp 3.1.1 update and I’m two versions of FP behind at 4.17.1. It’s still showing up as an alert on my Home Screen with no way to dismiss it. So maybe that’s not unique to the new version of FP.
I noticed it was finally gone this AM, maybe because it was charging last night/this AM, but probably just a 'enough days passed' thing.
Sponsored