Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MachE GT Performance
Occupation
VP
Country flag
Anyone know why I currently get this message when I log in? I now have no access to Ford Pass

IMG_0505.png
Sponsored

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I read through this a bit and it seems like some people, the OP included, had been avoiding upgrading the app. If that is on Android, and they turned off auto updates and have not manually updated via the Play Store (or sideloading), that means they must still be on an old version of the app. I believe the UI for the Fordpass app is server driven, so it kind of sounds like they pushed the new UI to old app versions. A pretty big mistake, but they may not have been able to target specific app versions. If so, the fix might be as simple as allowing the Android app itself to update.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
^^^^ Same here. No issues at all. It's much faster and updates instantly as soon as I open the app. I'm charging right now and have opened the app about every 20 min the last few hours and it instantly updated. Never did that before. All controls, charge history, PAAK, working perfectly so far. All my Siri Shortcuts are also working both on the phone and the watch so none of those were messed with. As a side note, it's nice to see charging session details on my watch now. 😊

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Not sure whether it was the passage of time (one day), or the same issue breaking everything else.
Probably the passage of time. I, too, made the mistake of allowing a day to elapse, and now the app pushed me back to the new interface with no option to revert to the old.

On the bright side, the new version does seem to be working now more or less as intended. I did absolutely nothing to cause that.

leeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Interesting I have full access to all the buttons and it's amazing how in the public charging it gives us much better feedback on the performance of each charging station you click on the button that tells you how many there are adapters are needed if any etc. and it looks like they're using Google maps fast charging only available now I like available now because I never seem to be able to find a charger that's actually available and that seems to work just fine at least my area in Orange County

Space_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mach-E awdX
Country flag
Interesting I have full access to all the buttons and it's amazing how in the public charging it gives us much better feedback on the performance of each charging station you click on the button that tells you how many there are adapters are needed if any etc. and it looks like they're using Google maps fast charging only available now I like available now because I never seem to be able to find a charger that's actually available and that seems to work just fine at least my area in Orange County
What phone are you using?

Snakebitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E
Country flag
Somebody just went Hyde/Jekyll regarding V5???

I'm guessing if they had spent a few minutes getting more familiar before going Hyde? Lol

Yes, there are some really nice improvements as a software app. And even though there's been some feature stripping to get here, I'm convinced the development potential is much better forward going.

If you owned an F150, you'd be envious of how little was stripped to get the Mach-E/Lightning from V4 to V5.

The F150 lost the whole Bluetooth protocol during the V5 strip down. All the cool stuff vanished.

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ GT Cyber Orange
Occupation
Auto Parts, Paint & Tech
Country flag
I had the BT disconnect bug happen again for the 4th time in two months now. PAAK has worked fine ever since I got the car but one of the app or RFA updates within the past couple months broke something with how the app connects to the Bluetooth key. iPhone 14 Pro on 17.5.1 and car fully updated in FDRS.

After a random amount of time the app will just stay disconnected in BT status, the Bluetooth audio and CarPlay connections will work fine. But there seems to be no way to force BT to connect with a refresh, log out/in, reset phone, reset car, nothing will make it re-connect and you must use the backup password.
The BT connection with the Vin+ MACH E in the phones Bluetooth connections will not connect no matter what I try. This just started happening within the last few months in the testflight beta and the retail versions. I reported in both but no fix yet.

The way to get it back is to reset PAAK in the car settings, remove the BT connections in phone, delete and reinstall app and re-pair PAAK but it still happens randomly again.

This last time I even just deleted the app and BT key before resetting PAAK. In the car and you can see the car BT key connection pop back up when searching for connections so the car is still keeping active with the BT key but the phone won’t connect.

Just FYI in case someone gets this bug, make sure you have your password set and test it regularly after car and app updates. Do not delete the app or Bluetooth connections before getting back home. As once you remove the app the PAAK backup code can sometimes reset or not work in my testing until re-paired with the app. I will make a thread to track this new issue

Last edited:

EVTRAVEL

First Name
JIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150, MACH E
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
Version 5.0

Fordpass automatically downloaded to my iphone 13. It worked 1 time then it started blinking with reconnect and controls with picture of Mach E and blank fields operation fields. The app works fine on iphone X, 11 and iwatch. I have removed app, restarted phone and reloaded app without success.

Has anyone else had this problem with iphone 13?

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ GT Cyber Orange
Occupation
Auto Parts, Paint & Tech
Country flag
The fields being blank usually correlate to an internet connection or restriction to access the internet due to privacy settings on phone. Usually removing and re-installing the app causes the prompts to ask about location and notifications etc when you re-install.

Also check for Bluetooth and cell data access for the app is turned on

metroplex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
FordPass 5.0 on iPhone SE (2020 2nd Gen) with Apple Watch Series 7 here.

Worked fine before the 5.0 update, my car showed up on the Apple Watch just fine.

With the FordPass 5.0 update, the app on the phone works - but its not as functional as the old app. No VIN#, etc... just has Range, basic functions, etc... The car never had tire pressures show (2017 Ford Connect, I believe 2018 is when Ford allowed tire pressure data to show remotely).

However on my Apple Watch it says "Vehicle Connectivity Disabled". But it recognizes my car registered in FordPass. I tried removing the Apple Watch app and re-installing but it says the same thing.

The last time something similar happened, it was a bug that Ford had to fix in a newer FordPass app update.

steveg95

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After days of trying to avoid updating, my Ford Pass just got updated and I can't go back. I am trying to live with it but there are so many dead buttons.
For example on the home screen the LOCATION button is dead: I tap on it and nothing happens. So it no longer shows that my MME is at home?
Then on the Energy screen, PUBLIC CHARGING is dead: I tap it and nothing happens. What is supposed to happen? Is it supposed to show nearby chargers? Well, if so, mine doesn't.
What happened to the Plug and Charge screen? Is it gone? Or is it hidden someplace?
On so many other buttons I only get a message, "enable charge locations in vehicle". So why have a phone app if I have to do everything in the vehicle??!! I can't even search for nearby chargers unless I am in the car, can I? Someone please help us understand how to use the new version.
Weird. Everything that you’ve listed is working fine for me on iPhone.

syberghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
computer booper
Country flag
I too have not had any issues ! I think all the problems others are having is set up issues with each individual phone.
So a note on this. Had the problem on my Pixel 7a. My wife got the upgrade on her Pixel 7 Pro, same problem.

So either this "individual phone" issue has had an incredible coincidence, or it's a problem with the app.

Homestead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach-E, F-350
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Version 5.0

Fordpass automatically downloaded to my iphone 13. It worked 1 time then it started blinking with reconnect and controls with picture of Mach E and blank fields operation fields. The app works fine on iphone X, 11 and iwatch. I have removed app, restarted phone and reloaded app without success.

Has anyone else had this problem with iphone 13?
It's working ok on my iphone 13 pro max.
Sponsored