Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Running location service for the app all the time will also cause a battery drain...
Sure there's going to be some battery usage if PaaK is going to work anything like a fob. I'm fine with reasonable drain but there are users stating that their phone battery only lasts 1/3 as long as it did without FordPass.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I had not seen this notification before 3.27.0 - I don't know if it's new or I just for some reason never got it before. My battery is pretty low right now (like 18%) if that matters. ?‍♀

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass Version 3.27.0 Released for Android Screenshot_20210730-121303_FordPass

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I had not seen this notification before 3.27.0 - I don't know if it's new or I just for some reason never got it before. My battery is pretty low right now (like 18%) if that matters. ?‍♀

Screenshot_20210730-121303_FordPass.jpg
Mine used to do that as well. I think its one of the notifications you can turn off in fordpass under vehicle settings.

Vehicle > Manage EV > Notifications > turn off Plug in Reminder

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
with the changes in My Journeys, it was turned off again on mine. I'd say it's due to those changes but it seems to be turned off with every update for a few now.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Mine used to do that as well. I think its one of the notifications you can turn off in fordpass under vehicle settings.

Vehicle > Manage EV > Notifications > turn off Plug in Reminder
I haven't touched the notifications but like I said I don't think I've gotten this reminder before. I think there's more too it than just having it turned on - likely tied to the battery level.

mathf

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2021 Premium AWD
Country flag
Running body sensors 100% of the time for an app will also cause battery drain.
I have an app that tracks my steps (Samsung Health) and it doesn't drain my battery. It knows when I am walking and when I am not. Sure there is an Android API that can be used to improve this battery drain situation. It is so bad I am considering uninstalling the app and solely using the key fob for the next 6 months.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I haven't touched the notifications but like I said I don't think I've gotten this reminder before. I think there's more too it than just having it turned on - likely tied to the battery level.
I had this notification every time I got home and didn't plug in, until I turned off this notification.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
If you run battery optimization, that puts the app to sleep, which definitely helps with battery. But makes PAAK not as reliable. It's a tradeoff.
It wasn't that reliable with it off, so after awhile I elected for the better battery life.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I had this notification every time I got home and didn't plug in, until I turned off this notification.
interesting. that didn't match my experience... otherwise I'd get told basically every day (since I currently only plug in when I think I "need to" and not every night...)

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
glad I have auto updates turned off.... for this very reason
PaaK had been absolute trash lately. For the past 10 days, I've had to use the backup code 7 times and the alarm had gone off twice.

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
PaaK used to work reliably on 3.26. Now it connects after several refresh pulls in the app. Sitting in the car, key not found. After starting the car, bluetooth disconnects. Wish there was a way to downgrade the app without losing data/resetting config.
Sponsored