andyg11

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE
Country flag
Push, push, push to get your gas receipts reimbursed from your service advisor. They submit it to ford and then cut you a check later.
Wait we can do this? Thanks, gonna talk to my service advisor.
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Wait we can do this? Thanks, gonna talk to my service advisor.
Yeah, my dealer actually offered it to me without even having to raise the point. He said they’ve told Ford they’re going to get a lot of angry customers when their cars are in for longer services, especially with gas prices as high as they are. So they’ve been offering it to their customers that get a rental/loaner if the cars in for more than a day or two.

andyg11

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE
Country flag
Quick update: Got my car back today, they replaced the IPMB (Image Processing Module?) and within 15 mins of me driving the car I got the same fault message. 😒

chilliskate74

First Name
Lesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Auto Technician
Country flag
Quick update: Got my car back today, they replaced the IPMB (Image Processing Module?) and within 15 mins of me driving the car I got the same fault message. 😒

I'm currently diagnosing some common issues were having with the Mach-E specifically the front camera fault and collision assist unavailable messages. I noticed After driving for about 3 to 5 minutes the fault messages will come up on the IPC then of course go away, but then come back within a few minutes. I have gone through all the updates, resets, wiring, IPMA replacement and crossed a bunch of other things off my list ie.... Inspecting and cleaning the windshield. This is frustrating for myself as well and we'll be working to hopefully get this resolved soon. I'll let you know once we fix this issue.

Bongjovi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E X AWD
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
Well, today is day 15 with my car at the dealership for this issue.

While I have been traveling all week, it is not promising to me that the car has not been touched nor have I received any updates since last Friday 7/22

sadly, I will need to begin the lemon law claim in my state once back early next week. I love the car and wish they could fix it, however all indications are that this will not get resolved.

Tanwin

First Name
Taryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion & Mach E
Country flag
Same was happening to me. I asked them to check when I was having my recall done and was told that there was an update to fix it. A day later I got the same message and now it hasn’t gone away. I can use blue cruise and my pre collision assist is not working. Has been like that for about two week. The dealership has been backed up and unable to check it out.

Bongjovi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E X AWD
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
Day 22 at the dealership for repair

no further progress to report at the moment. They tried software update again, however it is “missing a file”

ford engineer thinks there may have been a batch of faulty modules. Ford sending another replacement module to dealership and we will see where we end up .

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Well, today is day 15 with my car at the dealership for this issue.

While I have been traveling all week, it is not promising to me that the car has not been touched nor have I received any updates since last Friday 7/22

sadly, I will need to begin the lemon law claim in my state once back early next week. I love the car and wish they could fix it, however all indications are that this will not get resolved.
@Bongjovi how many repairs has your MachE had for this problem?

Unfortunately I've been part of this club for three months. I was told after taking my car to a dealer in May that a software update would address Front Camera Fault error. A week later, I had two separate instances with ACC dropping out while at highway speed on the freeway.

In July 2022, my car spent 15 days at the dealer waiting for the arrival and installation of a new Image Control module.My MachE was returned last week with the new module and I had two good days of driving before the camera fault appeared again.

There definitely seems to be an issue with the 2021 MachEs - I love this car, but the advanced driving features were a primary reason I upgraded to this specific EV. I'm selling my Volt, and I am concerned only having a MachE household if these and other recall problems continue.

I don't know if it's Lemon Law time yet, but I'd happily upgrade and pay a difference for 2023 if that resolves this problem. What can @Ford Motor Company do for us alpha testing owners?

Dave-O

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Odyssey
Occupation
Fuel hauler
Country flag
Damn, our front Camera completely faulted out and had disabled pre collision assist and all cruise control. Really sucks because I was banking on driving the Mach-E on my new longer commute . Took it to the local dealer and even though I made an appointment, they wanted to keep it for 4 days before anyone would look at it…. Now scheduled for an appointment to sit at another dealer for 10 days while the wifey is out of town. Hopefully whatever fix they come up with is permanent.

Bongjovi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E X AWD
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
@Bongjovi how many repairs has your MachE had for this problem?

Unfortunately I've been part of this club for three months. I was told after taking my car to a dealer in May that a software update would address Front Camera Fault error. A week later, I had two separate instances with ACC dropping out while at highway speed on the freeway.

In July 2022, my car spent 15 days at the dealer waiting for the arrival and installation of a new Image Control module.My MachE was returned last week with the new module and I had two good days of driving before the camera fault appeared again.

There definitely seems to be an issue with the 2021 MachEs - I love this car, but the advanced driving features were a primary reason I upgraded to this specific EV. I'm selling my Volt, and I am concerned only having a MachE household if these and other recall problems continue.

I don't know if it's Lemon Law time yet, but I'd happily upgrade and pay a difference for 2023 if that resolves this problem. What can @Ford Motor Company do for us alpha testing owners?
I feel the same way in that I love the car and my overall goal and preference is to get it fixed, however as a matter of CYA I will likely be moving forward with a lemon law claim.

While I can only point to circumstantial evidence, my hunch is that the hardware in the car is not always compatible with the software updates that are being released and pushed to the vehicles from Ford.

Bongjovi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E X AWD
Occupation
General Manager
Country flag
Damn, our front Camera completely faulted out and had disabled pre collision assist and all cruise control. Really sucks because I was banking on driving the Mach-E on my new longer commute . Took it to the local dealer and even though I made an appointment, they wanted to keep it for 4 days before anyone would look at it…. Now scheduled for an appointment to sit at another dealer for 10 days while the wifey is out of town. Hopefully whatever fix they come up with is permanent.

good luck.

keep us posted on your progress. maybe there is something that your dealer will figure out that the rest have not.

Haydn12

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've been watching this thread since I posted before. I'm still waiting for someone to have a fix for this before we take the car into the dealer. Out car was fine until we had the PowerUp 2.8.2 update. Don't know if this is related.

chilliskate74

First Name
Lesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Auto Technician
Country flag
I'm currently diagnosing some common issues were having with the Mach-E specifically the front camera fault and collision assist unavailable messages. I noticed After driving for about 3 to 5 minutes the fault messages will come up on the IPC then of course go away, but then come back within a few minutes. I have gone through all the updates, resets, wiring, IPMA replacement and crossed a bunch of other things off my list ie.... Inspecting and cleaning the windshield. This is frustrating for myself as well and we'll be working to hopefully get this resolved soon. I'll let you know once we fix this issue.

I might've found the problem. The vehicle had the windshield replaced under another recall 21C22 back in February so I decided to remove the rain sensor cover above the rear view mirror, disconnect, remove And clean the rain sensor and IPMA camera very carefully, clean that small area of glass with a q-tip and a little air reinstall and reconnect the sensors very carefully. I cleared the codes then took it on a few road tests in the morning and the afternoon for a few days. Everything functioned correctly and no more messages came up on the IPC. I have been monitoring the status for a week now and everything is still good to go. I will be continuing to monitor for a month until I'm satisfied this was the issue and it has been resolved. I sent this information to Ford as well and hope this will fix most of these vehicles that are having the same problem.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Need to go through Ford Customer Experience team. 800-392-3673
If the dealer doesn’t budge, yes. A nice dealer will just submit it on your behalf. I’ve already received my check and never even had a case with Ford corporate.
Sponsored