Cande
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Unlisted
Country flag
We've had this problem for months. 4 attempted fixes and still not working. Just today they replaced the cameras and IPMA module. Happened again after 24 miles.

Ford doesn't seem to know how to fix and its a safety concern IMO
Sponsored

superwaddle

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
pilot
Country flag
Left my MME at the dealership for an entire week. They finally decided they needed a new ā€œmodule.ā€ Parts wonā€™t be in for another 3 weeks. This is the second time the camera completely failed. This car has been broken far more than fixed since I bought it in Nov.
This is an unacceptable maintenance record with a new flagship EV. Ford is really disappointing me right now.

PCS2021

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Lincoln Navigator
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just got this message on a short drive. When I got home, I turned the car off, then back on. The message went away and the camera worked.

20210306_174617.jpg
If you push the ā€˜OKā€™ button on right side of the steering wheel, these messages will go away, until next time.

superwaddle

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
pilot
Country flag
We've had this problem for months. 4 attempted fixes and still not working. Just today they replaced the cameras and IPMA module. Happened again after 24 miles.

Ford doesn't seem to know how to fix and its a safety concern IMO
My dealership just replaced the module in mine, claiming that they test drove it.
Within 5 miles of driving the car, the front camera fault occurred again, about the time I hit my first rougher patch of road.
Imagine my disappointment. Dropping it off with them again tomorrow for 5 days to see if they can troubleshoot AGAIN.
Maybe some day Iā€™ll actually be able to use simple cruise control on this modern all-electric vehicle made in 2021.
Iā€™m scared to get my hopes up.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Noticed a correlation to exterior temperature yesterday. Driving across the desert from California back home to Phoenix, while the car indicated temp below or up to about 100F, no issues whatever. Adaptive Cruise worked as designed, everything was fine. Later, as temps increased, almost as soon as it indicated 110F I got the front camera Failure/Collision Assist Disabled warning, loss of cruise control, plus my A/C controls went wacky with the "Auto" control going dark and the temperature indication showing "OFF." The system still blew cold air, thankfully, and the car remained drivable. Recharged at Electrify America, back on road same thing. I got home and parked in my garage and watched as the indication cooled down. Almost as soon as the temp indication hit 105F the A/C controls returned to normal.

So while this story proves nothing, it demonstrates correlation between heat and some apparent computer system failure.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Noticed a correlation to exterior temperature yesterday. Driving across the desert from California back home to Phoenix, while the car indicated temp below or up to about 100F, no issues whatever. Adaptive Cruise worked as designed, everything was fine. Later, as temps increased, almost as soon as it indicated 110F I got the front camera Failure/Collision Assist Disabled warning, loss of cruise control, plus my A/C controls went wacky with the "Auto" control going dark and the temperature indication showing "OFF." The system still blew cold air, thankfully, and the car remained drivable. Recharged at Electrify America, back on road same thing. I got home and parked in my garage and watched as the indication cooled down. Almost as soon as the temp indication hit 105F the A/C controls returned to normal.

So while this story proves nothing, it demonstrates correlation between heat and some apparent computer system failure.
Definately heat related. Driving over a large bump while hot out can disable the camera. Same bump when it is cooler is no problem.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Perhaps a cost-saving measure i.e. failure to provide thermal insulation on heat-sensitive part? Or poor design location of electronics that are heat-sensitive? Thermal expansion in badly designed connector? Can't just be software if it's heat related.

Darkblue31

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MUSTANG MachE
Country flag
I've gotten the front camera fault now multiple times daily. Funny thing is that It didn't happen until the last few otas unless it's a part that's wearing down?

Broy

First Name
Bekki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
I have been fighting with this problem for almost a year. Been to the dealership 5 times. Had the camera comepletely replaced already, they have replaced or ā€œfixedā€ multiple things along the way. Going in again next week. Still no working camera. I am beyond frustrated with it at this point. Canā€™t use my cruise control and a major safety feature is not functioning. I spent way too much money on this car for this to be happening with no hope for a fix

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have been fighting with this problem for almost a year. Been to the dealership 5 times. Had the camera comepletely replaced already, they have replaced or ā€œfixedā€ multiple things along the way. Going in again next week. Still no working camera. I am beyond frustrated with it at this point. Canā€™t use my cruise control and a major safety feature is not functioning. I spent way too much money on this car for this to be happening with no hope for a fix
Hey, Bekki! I can take a closer look into your Mach E concerns. Can you send us a direct message with your VIN and the dealership name/location?