Gail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a 21 mach e with 13,000 miles. It's been in for service 5 times for the front camera fault pre collision not available. The software updates are not helping. I called Ford but their technicians referred me to ford pass. Still no help. I'm ready to trade it in.
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I have a 21 mach e with 13,000 miles. It's been in for service 5 times for the front camera fault pre collision not available. The software updates are not helping. I called Ford but their technicians referred me to ford pass. Still no help. I'm ready to trade it in.
Print out that TSB and hand it to your service advisor. Tell him they need to replace the camera coax cable to solve the issue. If he won't do it, get your car back and take it to a different Ford dealer.

three.jax

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E AWD premium
Country flag
I had the same problem; Ford Service ended up fixing it. I believe the replaced the Cable. There is a service bulletin that covers this, your service department just needs to find it.

stephywephy88

First Name
Stephywephy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Do you know what diagnostic codes appeared? My Job 1 is in service for the fifth time for this and I noticed something. The first three visits Ford didn't have a fix yet or the dealer diagnosed and ordered parts. The first error code was U3000:49, which according to the TSB, indicated that the IPMA needed to be replaced, but didn't suggest the cable was bad. On fourth visit, IPMA was changed out. Five days later, I got the error message again and another scan showed U3000:89 this time, indicating the cable WAS bad, so they changed that this time (can't attest if 100% fixed, dealer is delivering car to me now). Could the camera faults be multifaceted and "hide" each other/need to be take care of consecutively?

OP
OP

Tazz

First Name
Gail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Do you know what diagnostic codes appeared? My Job 1 is in service for the fifth time for this and I noticed something. The first three visits Ford didn't have a fix yet or the dealer diagnosed and ordered parts. The first error code was U3000:49, which according to the TSB, indicated that the IPMA needed to be replaced, but didn't suggest the cable was bad. On fourth visit, IPMA was changed out. Five days later, I got the error message again and another scan showed U3000:89 this time, indicating the cable WAS bad, so they changed that this time (can't attest if 100% fixed, dealer is delivering car to me now). Could the camera faults be multifaceted and "hide" each other/need to be take care of consecutively?
I'm not sure what the codes are the dealer hasn't given me any paperwork so I took it to a different dealer. They still have the car.

OP
OP

Tazz

First Name
Gail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Print out that TSB and hand it to your service advisor. Tell him they need to replace the camera coax cable to solve the issue. If he won't do it, get your car back and take it to a different Ford dealer.
Thanks just did that

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Very timely thread, as I am getting the same warnings. Thanks for the links and information! This forum is amazing.

Jcastaldo1740

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Lemon law while you can.... coming from the same issue in a 21 Mach e but brought it to them 2000 miles over the lemon law allows.

pclarkjr

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
hello, I struggled with same issue for over a year, mine was at the dealer 3 times and it has been seemingly fixed now, 1st time was only IPMA updates, 2nd time they replaced the "1st camera harness" and 2nd time they replaced the "2nd camera harness" my dealer seemed pretty aware if it being a common issue and ordered the parts right away but it did take several weeks for the parts to come in unfortunately, fingers crossed it stays fixed as I only have a few thousand miles left on warranty...

OP
OP

Tazz

First Name
Gail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks just did that
The dealer replaced a module and cables. This seemes to have solved my issues.
Sponsored