rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
After much delay they’re finally giving me my car back. Apparently @Ford Motor Company has said that the tires just make the noise when it’s cold out. Such bull. I waited almost 5 weeks for them to just cop out with that explanation. I wasn’t given much confidence I’d get any kind of compensation for my time and heartache when talking to the customer experience team. Needless to say, I’m pretty upset with how this all went down.

I’m going to pick up my car in about an hour and I plan to lay out to the service director at the dealership how they totally failed.
Sponsored

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
After much delay they’re finally giving me my car back. Apparently @Ford Motor Company has said that the tires just make the noise when it’s cold out. Such bull. I waited almost 5 weeks for them to just cop out with that explanation. I wasn’t given much confidence I’d get any kind of compensation for my time and heartache when talking to the customer experience team. Needless to say, I’m pretty upset with how this all went down.

I’m going to pick up my car in about an hour and I plan to lay out to the service director at the dealership how they totally failed.
Amazing how sounds that are potentially "too dangerous to drive" magically turns into "it's just the tires".

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
Dropped my 2021 GTPE off at the dealer on 12/19 for a knocking sound when turning hard left/right - figuring it was an open and shut case of SSM 50513, given my symptoms and build date. I was told that it’s not a problem with the half shafts, and is instead the differential. My dealer has contacted Ford engineering but isn’t getting any response. I’m willing to cut them some slack, given that we’re in the holiday season, but how long will I be without my car, making payments to Ford Credit without a rental? @Ford Motor Company is this something you can provide insight into? Nobody at the dealer is telling me anything, I don’t think Ford is telling them anything.
I get a weird sound when making a left and pulling up onto my driveway. I don't know if its this issue. Will try to capture it on audio.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
I hear a noise pulling into my driveway as the body twists and 2 wheels come off of the ground. Not sure if it's common on other PEs in unbridled. The suspension is tight and the body mostly rigid, but when you're on only 2 wheels in opposite corners (or w/ just a front wheel in the air w/ AWD), that's to be expected. When freezing rain occurs, on first drive it sounds like a twisting ice cube tray.

When this occurs, anticipate it and give it a little throttle to see if a wheel is coming off of the ground. When turning right into the drive, the front right will lift off and then the left rear. It's quite noticeable when accelerating as the tire will spin.

Because there's a motor and open diff, it's more noticeable during braking, whereas traditional braking is grabbing each wheel individually. With motor braking a wheel off the ground removes all braking effort for that 'axle'. This may be a source of sound in such situations.

Last edited:
OP
OP

rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
I get a weird sound when making a left and pulling up onto my driveway. I don't know if its this issue. Will try to capture it on audio.
Nope. On flat ground a hard turn causes clunking noises. Just like as is outlined here: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10208151-0001.pdf

This is why I brought the car in over a month ago… I’m headed over to pick up my car now, let’s see how it drives…

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Nope. On flat ground a hard turn causes clunking noises. Just like as is outlined here: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10208151-0001.pdf

This is why I brought the car in over a month ago… I’m headed over to pick up my car now, let’s see how it drives…
Is it a particular side or direction? I wouldn't suspect it to be the diff -- it's just an open center design, nothing fancy, no clutch packs. Oddly enough however it uses ford's ULV (10spd trans fluid) instead of a heavier gear oil. The front diff is located directly in front of the driver (where the gas pedal is) as shown here
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front diff problem? 1674774582503
Sponsored