Front license plate brackets

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Can somebody who removed the OEM front bracket please post a picture of the back of it? I’m trying to see how much contact area there is to stick it in place with double sided trim tape.
Sponsored

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Here you go.

The flat sections do sit generally flush to the bumper; contact areas are about 1.5" in diameter.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate brackets IMG_1724
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate brackets IMG_1725

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The flat sections do sit generally flush to the bumper; contact areas are about 1.5" in diameter.
Thanks. So I guess I could put a 1.5” strip of trim tape on each of the 3 flat rivet points. Makes me a bit nervous with the weight of the plate though.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Thanks. So I guess I could put a 1.5” strip of trim tape on each of the 3 flat rivet points. Makes me a bit nervous with the weight of the plate though.
Yeah it could hold for a while. With only the three small areas I’m not sure it’ll last longer term esp in extreme weather.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah it could hold for a while. With only the three small areas I’m not sure it’ll last longer term esp in extreme weather.
Agreed. I was hoping there would be more of a flat surface behind the bracket. I may just do the unthinkable and mount the bracket with holes in the bumper like it would have been done at the factory.

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Last edited:

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
He has been very hands off. Yesterday he told me he that the bracket was not designed for the Mach e. Just that someone bought his universal adapter and said it worked.
Odd , considering on his website he lists the bracket specifically for the Mach E!

FA42DE4F-E265-4F0D-96F6-26313A274C64.png

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Odd , considering on his website he lists the bracket specifically for the Mach E!
Agreed. Sad that he never tested it and I don’t believe only two of us are having problems with it.

It’s a great bracket, I certainly hope he tweaks it to make it work and stops selling the current version. I’m happy with my fix. It works and looks better than the original.

71F17F71-0E01-4184-B135-95181991D266.jpeg

OP
OP
highland58

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Agreed. Sad that he never tested it and I don’t believe only two of us are having problems with it.

It’s a great bracket, I certainly hope he tweaks it to make it work and stops selling the current version. I’m happy with my fix. It works and looks better than the original.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate brackets 71F17F71-0E01-4184-B135-95181991D266
He said that he has sold a lot of them to Mach-E folks, so they must work. My response to that was that many of those were bought by people that had not yet gotten their car and were not aware there were any issues. I'm done messing with it and my bracket will now gather dust , especially the piece still taped to the car :rolleyes:

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
He said that he has sold a lot of them to Mach-E folks, so they must work. My response to that was that many of those were bought by people that had not yet gotten their car and were not aware there were any issues. I'm done messing with it and my bracket will now gather dust , especially the piece still taped to the car :rolleyes:
Ha, I don't think that is a valid assumption. A bunch of us in front-plate states bought them, assuming that we could stop the dealer from screwing on the factory front plate mount that heretofore was typically tossed in the back seat/trunk of most new cars at the factory. Ford threw us a curve by installing the front plate brackets at the factory, so my Craig's bracket is still sitting in the box, untouched. I'm sure there are quite a few of us in the same boat.

Wanna buy one? I can definitely beat Craig's price! ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ha, I don't think that is a valid assumption. A bunch of us in front-plate states bought them, assuming that we could stop the dealer from screwing on the factory front plate mount that heretofore was typically tossed in the back seat/trunk of most new cars at the factory. Ford threw us a curve by installing the front plate brackets at the factory, so my Craig's bracket is still sitting in the box, untouched. I'm sure there are quite a few of us in the same boat.

Wanna buy one? I can definitely beat Craig's price! ?
Mine has been collecting dust since Marlin arrived from Mexico with the bracket on. Hopefully I'll have that issue solved when the body repairs are done next week. I told them NO FRONT PLATE BRACKET! The gal understood completely and we even discussed my solution. ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
BTW, I heard this recently from Ron Heiser:
"due to some Forum commentary and feed back from some of our California dealers starting with first week of April production we are now sending the front license plate bracket not attached to the vehicle and with no pre-drilled holes in the bumper cover. "

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
BTW, I heard this recently from Ron Heiser:
"due to some Forum commentary and feed back from some of our California dealers starting with first week of April production we are now sending the front license plate bracket not attached to the vehicle and with no pre-drilled holes in the bumper cover. "
That's good news and good to hear that Ford is listening. My dealer had stated that they (and several other local dealers) were letting Ford know that they should be making the bracket optional...
Sponsored