Front license plate

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
$60 for three little plastic plugs?! Pass. The holes are barely visible to begin with. I’ll wait for a more cost effective solution.
Bondo and touch-up paint? ?

All kidding aside, If it weren't for the third plug requirement, I would've taken delivery of the FE I ordered in Illinois and used the pair I ordered accepting that it was coming with the bracket. There was no way I was ordering a second set of plugs for another $30, and I didn't like the look with three in what should be a pristine bumper cover. Bad move on Ford's part to force the bracket from the factory. I'm sure glad I found one without this issue with no ADM so I wouldn't be annoyed by it.

@eltonlin, you did a good job with the Craig's bracket, btw. At some point I'll attach the base of mine in case I ever have to park my car in Chicago where the cops will leave a ticket on it for no front plate.

PIO132

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E FE
Country flag
I was looking for an alternative to the bumper plugs and found this article https://bit.ly/3rZh2QE. Went to the local Ace Hardware and picked up the nylon plugs (5 @.37), then some touch up paint from the body shop $20 and finally a small Princeton Brush Level 2 5/0 brush from Michaels $7.44. Total cost $29.44.

4AB40AF2-547D-437E-BB74-C71258F2A7C8.jpeg

BF53D36A-EBE9-4A1C-9386-3131D0DA6306.jpeg

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I was looking for an alternative to the bumper plugs and found this article https://bit.ly/3rZh2QE. Went to the local Ace Hardware and picked up the nylon plugs (5 @.37), then some touch up paint from the body shop $20 and finally a small Princeton Brush Level 2 5/0 brush from Michaels $7.44. Total cost $29.44.
Did you paint them after putting them on the car? Is that paint around them or just a trick of the light?

PIO132

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E FE
Country flag
Did you paint them after putting them on the car? Is that paint around them or just a trick of the light?
I painted them first. The “ring” around them is the PPF on the front. I found this article after the PPF was applied.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
I don't have the car yet, but I wish Craig's custom holder was a little taller so the plate would be raised up higher to cover the remaining two holes and not be so low over the lower vent section.

edit: I sent a message via Craig's custom website to see if it is possible to make a specific Mach-e version of his bracket that will raise the plate up an inch or two in order to cover the bumper plugs. I will update this if/when I hear a response.

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
In case anyone cares, the front license plate bracket comes with screws for mounting it to the bumper when you order it as a separate part. I guess that makes sense if you need special tools to attach the plastic rivets they use in the factory.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate 1617821661534

z88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Has anyone ordered bumper plugs for their Star White Metallic Tri-Coat? I ordered star white pearl im hoping its close enough

ryoustra

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I posted elsewhere on this, re discussion on Craig's bracket interfering with the sensors: I reached out to Craig, and he said he was no longer producing the bracket for the Mach-E until further notice.

Has anyone tried the Sto n Sho license plate bracket with their Mach-E? Any issues?

Mcarter

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME premium AWD standard
Country flag
I know i;m late to this thread by several months but wanted to add my 2 cents regarding the front bracket. I Agree that the Mach E's look so much better without the front License plate bracket on there. I recall test driving the demo that my local dealership had before ordering mine back in July and it did not have one on there. I've seen pictures of ones with the front bracket/plate on them and I do not care for it all. So, after i ordered mine, i did get the free bracket because Missouri does require one as well but I told my dealer before mine went into production that I did not want the front bracket installed on mine and he tried to tell me that they come from the factory installed already and i was adamant that I did not want it on there and I would take my chances if/when i get stopped. The car came in and the salesman called and tried to tell me that he had some bad new and that the factory installed the bracket after all and there was nothing they could do now. needless to say he was joking because I had been there several times stating that I did not want it on there. I go to pick it up and they had put one of their dealer stickers on the back so I didn't want it on there so I took a hair dryer and some dental floss and removed it with no damage to the vehicle. Ive got the bracket lying in the floor board for now.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

Draconfier

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Cx-9, Mustang Mach-e GT (on order)
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
We were discussing this about a week or so ago on this thread https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ans-for-front-license-plates.1295/post-274338

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate 1636861968883

Thanks to https://www.macheforum.com/site/members/markboris.93/
for posting the pic from my question.

This is the hole seen from Sandy Munro's video here:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate 1636862432958

which is located behind the emergency frunk access port on the front passenger side of the bumper. This would also be where a tow hook would be located if we had the EU version.

Since that discussion I've thought some more about how to possibly utilize this hole to mount a platypus plate mount like this,
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate Screenshot_20211113-222547_Chrome

and using a toggle drywall bolt on the otherside if we could match the thread size.

I'm going to try and reach out to Cravenspeed to see if they could make one for the Mach-e. They're based out of Oregon. If enough people express an interest who knows. [email protected]

It would be a much better option than having @Ford Motor Company drill through our bumper 3x!