Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I live in Pennsylvania but am purchasing my LE from a dealer in Maryland. Today they received their first Mustang Mache E and it had the front license plate holder already installed. He is guessing that is because Maryland requires a front license plate.

Pennsylvania does not require a front plate and I don't want it on there, but the dealer says it's out of their hands. Damn!

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to deal with it??? Damn.
Sponsored

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I live in Pennsylvania but am purchasing my LE from a dealer in Maryland. Today they received their first Mustang Mache E and it had the front license plate holder already installed. He is guessing that is because Maryland requires a front license plate.

Pennsylvania does not require a front plate and I don't want it on there, but the dealer says it's out of their hands. Damn!

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to deal with it??? Damn.
I'm in the same boat. CA requires a front plate. This is auto installed at the factory. No stopping it. However if your state does not require a front bracket, my understanding is that it would not be installed at the factory.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
This will be the case for all states that require the front plate unless the customer/dealer deletes that at the time of order, or before the build is scheduled. Not much can be done other than waiting for a declined order in your state, or placing a new order in your state or in another and having them delete the bracket. Sorry, many of us early adopters are in this situation, and I was pretty ticked off about it once members of the forum figured out what the situation was, but sadly too late to do anything about it for our orders. Your situation is probably more annoying since you aren't even required to have it, my sympathies.

Last edited:

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I bought two pairs of bumper plugs from bumperplugs.com. Not sure if I will use them. To be honest, the front license plate holder looked decent on my Rapid Red and I am getting the black plates - I think black and red go well together.

Anyway, bumperplugs.com is good because they will sell plugs in the exact same color as your Mach-E. However, the plate is on there with three holes, meaning you have to pay for two sets, meaning you are looking at $60+. From what others have written, if you go the DIY route, would be much cheaper.

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
However, the plate is on there with three holes, meaning you have to pay for two sets, meaning you are looking at $60+.
I'm sure you could find someone else (in this forum, local Mustang Club, etc) that has the same predicament and is willing to split the cost of buying three sets. Though it might be worth having that extra plug in case you need to replace one of the three.
Sponsored