jaash

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I can also confirm that the plugs from www.bumperplugs.com work on my Mach-E. Ordered the Grabber Blue plugs, followed earlier instructions to remove the front plate bracket by drilling the rivets and popping them out with a detail tool, and then easily installed the plugs. Color match is perfect for Grabber Blue, you wouldn't know the plugs were there if you weren't looking for them.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I went ahead and installed Craig's bracket. It fits well and I think looks respectable. :)

CC IMG_1585.jpg

CC IMG_1586-2.jpg
I am getting ready to use my Craig's bracket. The plate will partially sit in front of the area between the vents. I am attaching the bracket from underneath, as the above picture. The manual shows radar in this area, so that may be a problem. Page 212:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate 1615844748836

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate 1615844813129

Last edited:

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Bumper plugs are great. Bummer they sell them only in pairs. Maybe find someone with the color you want and split the cost of 3 pairs.

6FA4CF7B-B555-43E0-9F92-F998661F5128.jpeg

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I am getting ready to use my Craig's bracket. The plate will partially sit in front of the area between the vents. I am attaching the bracket from underneath, but in a similar position as the above picture. The manual shows radar in this area, so that may be a problem. Page 212:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate 6FA4CF7B-B555-43E0-9F92-F998661F5128

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate 6FA4CF7B-B555-43E0-9F92-F998661F5128
Are you planning to have the bracket pointing up, or pointing down (never considered having it point down to move the plate lower on the grill. I have it face up, as in the photos and have seen no impact to radars when parking or when using ACC/ICC.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Are you planning to have the bracket pointing up, or pointing down (never considered having it point down to move the plate lower on the grill. I have it face up, as in the photos and have seen no impact to radars when parking or when using ACC/ICC.
At first I thought it was different, but it is the same as what you are doing, kind of hard to see with the reflections. It's good to hear that you are not having issues. I don't have my plates yet, it helps to see your pictures.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Here are some clearer photos to show placement...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate cc2 IMG_1633
Those are great pictures, thank you! It looks pretty solid like that. I have one of those carbon fiber mach-e plate rims on the way now also.

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
Here’s my solution. I need to use a transponder because the toll sensor that the security gate uses in our community can't see our toll sticker through the IRR windshield. I found out the best place to mount the transponder is the front license plate, so I bought a plain gloss black plate, then stuck the transponder to the plate along with a grabber blue pony emblem I found on eBay. Last thing I need to do is black out the two bolts.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate 0C606C82-7FEF-4286-8AC6-75E1E3DF69EE

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Here’s my solution. I need to use a transponder because the toll sensor that the security gate uses in our community can't see our toll sticker through the IRR windshield. I found out the best place to mount the transponder is the front license plate, so I bought a plain gloss black plate, then stuck the transponder to the plate along with a grabber blue pony emblem I found on eBay. Last thing I need to do is black out the two bolts.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front license plate 0C606C82-7FEF-4286-8AC6-75E1E3DF69EE
Nice.

I wonder if sticking the transponder in the bumper (via the frunk release door) would also work?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I need to use a transponder because the toll sensor that the security gate uses in our community can't see our toll sticker through the IRR windshield.
Did you try putting the toll sticker in the black part of the windshield next to the rear view mirror?

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
Did you try putting the toll sticker in the black part of the windshield next to the rear view mirror?
Ya, that's where we have it now, per the instructions for the tag. It gets scanned on the gantries and everywhere else just fine, just not at our gate. Most likely it's just some outdated equipment that our association doesn't want to pay to upgrade. It's cheaper to blame it on the newer cars and charge their residents $40 for a transponder if the sticker doesn’t work.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
$60 for three little plastic plugs?! Pass. The holes are barely visible to begin with. I’ll wait for a more cost effective solution.
Sponsored