Front License Plate Decal

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
Really - you have to carry the metal front plate with you ???
That's what the DMV paperwork says. Not a big deal, I just threw mine under the cargo floor. It doesn't take up any space.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front License Plate Decal Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 5.23.55 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Really - you have to carry the metal front plate with you ???
I'm sure they have a really good reason. After all, they wouldn't put it in the official California Vehicle Code if it was a totally stupid, pointless rule!

Even though you already have the matching rear metal plate displayed. Like, what if you somehow got two non-matching plates from DMV, and a cop wanted to check that? Do you want to go all the way home to dig up your front metal plate and show it to him?

I didn't think so.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I'm sure they have a really good reason. After all, they wouldn't put it in the official California Vehicle Code if it was a totally stupid, pointless rule!

Even though you already have the matching rear metal plate displayed. Like, what if you somehow got two non-matching plates from DMV, and a cop wanted to check that? Do you want to go all the way home to dig up your front metal plate and show it to him?

I didn't think so.
"Stupid and pointless" pretty much describes most of the laws and regulations our moron politicians issue to control us.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I'm gonna be using these to cover the holes they drilled into my car 😭 but I saw some soft black material come out with the screws, a sealant of some sort? I guess drilling through the bumper means some of the metal will be vulnerable to oxidization so what's the best approach to:

1. file off the metal that is sticking out from the holes

2. prevent the holes from rusting

PXL_20230113_223018029.jpg

PXL_20230113_223100051.jpg
Keep calm, there’s no reason to worry about rusting.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
:p Took someone WAY too long to get my joke. And it's GO HLOS learn how to stalk correctly!
Yeah I was using my phone and dang thats tiny!

Someone else pointed it out to me first but I had to say something haha.

Satisfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Keep calm, there’s no reason to worry about rusting.
really? I mean there can't be any protection for the layer that's exposed to air by the drilling right? what was that soft black plastic that came out with the screws?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
really? I mean there can't be any protection for the layer that's exposed to air by the drilling right? what was that soft black plastic that came out with the screws?
You chewed up the plastic with the screw threads.

Stick a magnet on it. If it's steel, then touch up the edges. If it isn't, don't worry. I believe it's aluminum.

Then Google "license plate plugs" and decide how much you want to spend.

Satisfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
You chewed up the plastic with the screw threads.

Stick a magnet on it. If it's steel, then touch up the edges. If it isn't, don't worry. I believe it's aluminum.

Then Google "license plate plugs" and decide how much you want to spend.
I bought the plugs already just didn't expect so much excess metal sticking out, I think I'll have to file it down to get the plugs to sit flush. when you say touch it up, touch it up with what? would a little weatherstripping adhesive be out of the question?

Satisfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag

I didn't think so.
DMV didn't even send me a front plate 👀

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I bought the plugs already just didn't expect so much excess metal sticking out, I think I'll have to file it down to get the plugs to sit flush. when you say touch it up, touch it up with what? would a little weatherstripping adhesive be out of the question?
Did you determine if it is metal or steel?

Adhesive? No, paint. Only if steel. simply push edges back into hole.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
DMV didn't even send me a front plate 👀
Then you should complain to the CA DMV. It's law in CA. Depending on where you are, it may or may not be enforced. In my town, they're pretty draconian about enforcement. DMV should provide you with a replacement set of plates. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Sponsored