trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Yes but there's 3D printing and there's looking like 3D printing. I'd prefer the former.
Yes, the plants have 3d printing. The one we have is massive. Nice if you need something in a pinch, then paying the big helicopter bill to fly parts in.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Still no pony cutouts like we saw in the first rendering but @OutofSpecKyle's walkaround
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...eo-mach-e-first-edition-in-grabber-blue.2161/
confirms the divider is boldly emblazoned with Mach E just like we saw in the KBB pictures above.

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 6.05.54 PM.png

It certainly looks better than the ones at the Mach E Tour stops that looked like they'd been 3D printed.
And unlike the Torx screws we saw earlier on the dividers - these look like easily removable plastic snapins. at lease the two clearly visible in this image. Unless these are plastic overs over Torx screws.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Yes, the plants have 3d printing. The one we have is massive. Nice if you need something in a pinch, then paying the big helicopter bill to fly parts in.
I happen to know a 45 year old story of a Ford plant that unexpectedly ran short on a specific type of screw and they couldn’t figure out why. To keep production going, they had to charter a plane to go to the manufacturer of the screws, take them to the place where the screws were treated for corrosion resistance (sorry, I don’t know the details of screw making for automotive electronics), then fly the screws to the plant. All so widgets would continue to flow smoothly to auto assembly plants. A few weeks later, the “missing” screws were found. It seems some forklift operators at the factory needed ballast/counterweights for their forklifts and grabbed some heavy boxes that were laying around ?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Years ago, when 3D printing was still really new and super expensive, I had a former colleague that I ran into at a conference. He worked at a large cable channel at the time (not naming to protect him ?), and mentioned that 3D printing was a godsend, because they had these very expensive cameras that would have little plastic parts break all the time, and would have to wait two weeks or more to get the parts from the manufacturer... they started to 3D print them on request and saved a ton of time and money.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
My wife works for a major 3D printer company. They have some really cool industrial printers. The division she works in prints in medical grade material. Before the pandemic they would allow employees to use the high end printers once a month. There is a huge difference between our home 3D printer and what they have access too.

This past weekend we used our home printer to print a part for a friend's table saw. A replacement was $20 on Ebay, but we printed it for less than a dollar.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Still no pony cutouts like we saw in the first rendering but @OutofSpecKyle's walkaround
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...eo-mach-e-first-edition-in-grabber-blue.2161/
confirms the divider is boldly emblazoned with Mach E just like we saw in the KBB pictures above.

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 6.05.54 PM.png

It certainly looks better than the ones at the Mach E Tour stops that looked like they'd been 3D printed.
Seems like some effort has been made to keep only one mustang in view at a time. Like the car is one Mustang, would be weird to see one in the divider and anther directly above it in the under hood cover.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
About the 2:45 mark 3d printing.

(apologies in advance to post patrol)

Sure are a lot of cougars in that Kentucky plant. Er, Kugas, a lot of Kugas.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
I assume you printed it on its side? Did you have to add a lot of supports ?
You can see in my post a video with some of the printing. We did print it on its side so not a ton of supports needed.
Sponsored