OP
ArthurDOB

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
OP
OP
ArthurDOB

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
I just noticed Admin changed the name of my thread. Used to be "Frunk Madness!"

Snowbound

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD Space White Standard Batt
Occupation
EHS & Facilities
Country flag
I had a similar issue last week. I kind of chalked it up to the car doing an update the previous night and it being super hot out. It was an extremely hot day in NJ (95 or higher, way hotter inside the car), was leaving work in the afternoon- turned on the navigation to see if there was traffic- Nav was acting strange, it wouldn't display the route, appeared to be running but on the dash screen it showed turn in 0ft. I tried to cancel the navigation, no go. tried a few times and it would not clear. SO at the next light I stopped put it in park and shut the car off, then opened the door. Then restarted the car and that's when the Frunk and the Hatch popped open! Had to pull over get out and close them both. It has not happened again, I am convinced it was the high heat messing with the electronics. I also noticed that in the last few days the car giving me the ding noise about he auto headlight switch happening more often- maybe related? The light switch memory thing happens every now and again but it seemed to happen save times this week.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I just noticed Admin changed the name of my thread. Used to be "Frunk Madness!"
Yes, they frequently change the title of threads so that people can see what the thread is about before deciding whether or not to click into it.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Yeah, otherwise they come for the shrimp, but stay for the comments.

I can see where this might get hung up in a app/server/car request. Not sure if it'd be in the phone app, or something between the app and the car. If the app gets bumped in a race condition I can see the request might get blocked or held because the car is on or in D. Possibly the car gets the "open the frunk" request from FP (bumped in the app while putting the phone on the seat) but holds it until safe, i.e. when you key off, if you key off while leaving the car in D. (I've been doing this so much I keep parking my other cars and getting out while they nearly roll away due to still being in D). Possibly if it is in D going to "off" could be considered safe so the car completes the Frunk opening.

The Thread where the front and rear did this could be the same race condition.

Just musings of a server admin and random 'cloud type' things that can happen (even if it's not really a cloud)

OP
OP
ArthurDOB

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Yes, they frequently change the title of threads so that people can see what the thread is about before deciding whether or not to click into it.
I liked mine better. :(

VindictivePantz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MACH-E Premium AWD w/ Ext. Battery
Country flag
Had it happen to my Job 1 (no frunk button) about three weeks ago while driving at 70MPH.

Luckily, it did not open all the way and I got the notification.

In my case, I had it in the day before at the dealer for its 30k service, and I suspect they closed it after topping off the wiper fluid, but did not slam it down. The next day, I had to drive through parts of the city of Chicago, which can be as rough as driving off-road due to little potholes and and general bad conditions, and proceeded to get on the interstate and about 30 minutes in, received the warning.

I think they closed it enough for the sensor to not trip, it loosened enough with the city driving and the interstate headwind to move it at the sensor tripped.

Completely different that what this sounds like, but a better sensor would be nice.

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
Nope. App closed. Phone on seat. I see I've started a yuk-fest, but I would appreciate it if anyone else has ever heard of this happening.
Is there a second user with Ford Pass?

zakth

First Name
Jai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E GT eAWD ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've had the trunk open on it's own in my '21 so it doesn't surprise me at all that it would also happen with the frunk...

OP
OP
ArthurDOB

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
I tried to recreate the same thing this morning. Did everything exactly as I did yesterday. Didn't happen.
Sponsored