Charge port door opened by strangers

buddha34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium XR AWD
Country flag
Anybody else have this happen in a public lot? Has happened a few times. I would guess it is just curiosity, rather than the temptation of vandalism?
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Anybody else have this happen in a public lot? Has happened a few times. I would guess it is just curiosity, rather than the temptation of vandalism?
Once.
My guess (and that’s all it is), is that they’re confused by the gas cap cover, “Isn’t this supposed to be electric? Must be one of them High Bred cars.”

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Are you sure it's being opened by a person? They've been known to pop open themselves when the latch doesn't seat properly, it's not the most secure design.

Drea89

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e RWD EXT. range
Country flag
Are you sure it's being opened by a person? They've been known to pop open themselves when the latch doesn't seat properly, it's not the most secure design.
agree, I would try it to see if it's firmly closed after every use, mine once popped open while driving (at that moment I was actually stopped at a traffic light) it happened a few minutes after a charge.

StarLog

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Mine has opened twice in the garage, no one near it, only my car. So it must be looking to mate.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Mine did once while parked on a street. I thought someone tampered with it, but it has not since and only happened once. I am wondering if the vibration of a certain vehicle passing can do it. Or someone was curious and did not understand how to close it.

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
When we first got the car in April 2021, We experienced this. but it was always when my wife closed it. She had a shoulder operation and wasn't able to fully close it.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
yes. Came back to my car when I was out in the sticks and the charge door was open. I’m guessing it was curiosity and the difficulty in closing the door back up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charge port door opened by strangers 7B69C89D-A09A-4AFB-90D1-23003A8D43DA

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
Mine opened while driving as well, once, and I thought I was really good at closing it. Random.
Sponsored