Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I agree. In fact, I could use the wrong battery that they keep sending the guy on another thread. It would fix everything. We’re pushing for the whole battery pack to be replaced instead of just the cell because the problems they have been running into has been the housing of the battery. They’ve gone through three and it’s still not fixed. I want a whole new one and just be done with it!
If I could, I would be happy to send one of them to you. I seem to have a surplus of RWD batteries.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Niocail

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Ford says they're escalating it, so... fingers crossed? The repairing dealership is closed over the weekend, so I'll likely be giving them a call Monday to see if they've heard anything.

Well, I’m just going to say that I’m halfway into week 14 and they still haven’t been able to get mine fixed. Same issue as yours. I’m on every radar that Ford has and they are very aware of the situation so all I can do is wait. My dealership has provided me a brand new car to drive in the meantime. It’s just not my car. ? They’re going to go ahead and do the roof and windshield recalls on it while they’ve got it too.
Yikes! And I saw another thread where a guy/gal stated they had been waiting two-and-a-half months. It seems like there's a few of these cropping up, which is a little concerning.

Check and consider the lemon law at your state.
I have done my reading in this regard, but I'm hoping it doesn't wind up coming to that. As frustrating as it is, I'm also fully aware that we've got the mother of all extenuating circumstances going on right now. Plus, I really do love the car as well; at the heart of it all, I really just want my car back (in working condition, mind).

Nemshick_s

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex, Kia All Electric Nero, Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Firmware Engineer, Technologist
Country flag
Hi, I had a similar issue about 3 to 4 months ago. It took over 4 weeks to get it fixed. I was told by the dealer that the troubleshooting flow chart was not flushed out yet. So Ford sent out an Engineer to look at it. They used my car as a Gennie pig. They replaced 2 of my battery modules. Because it was around a holiday, it too a while to get the Ford Engineer out to troubleshoot it. Once he understood to problem, it took a couple of weeks to get the replacement parts. Most likely because they had to ship the parts from the factory. It actually is faster once I got the car back. My guess it was a manufacturing defect.

I know this is hard but my suggestion is that you need to be patient. The way I looked at it, this is a brand new electric car. There are bound to be issues...

Once you get your car back, you will forget how long it took to get it fixed... I did...

FUNgineer

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2018 F150 Lariat FX4, 2021 X5 45e
Occupation
Nerd, Dungeon Master
Country flag
Hi, I had a similar issue about 3 to 4 months ago. It took over 4 weeks to get it fixed. I was told by the dealer that the troubleshooting flow chart was not flushed out yet. So Ford sent out an Engineer to look at it. They used my car as a Gennie pig. They replaced 2 of my battery modules. Because it was around a holiday, it too a while to get the Ford Engineer out to troubleshoot it. Once he understood to problem, it took a couple of weeks to get the replacement parts. Most likely because they had to ship the parts from the factory. It actually is faster once I got the car back. My guess it was a manufacturing defect.

I know this is hard but my suggestion is that you need to be patient. The way I looked at it, this is a brand new electric car. There are bound to be issues...

Once you get your car back, you will forget how long it took to get it fixed... I did...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Frustrated: Battery Issue, going on four weeks to fix n39r8hk9h6f61

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

ElectricSally813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E-X Premium Shadow Black
Country flag

I can’t speak for the others, but I’m now going into week 15. Patient is all I have been. But the more that gas prices keep rising…I’m starting to lose what little bit that I have left.

I had my car all of two weeks when it happened. I’m going to have to learn how to use the car all over again. ?

Nemshick_s

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I can’t speak for the others, but I’m now going into week 15. Patient is all I have been. But the more that gas prices keep rising…I’m starting to lose what little bit that I have left.

I had my car all of two weeks when it happened. I’m going to have to learn how to use the car all over again. ?
WOW. Sorry to here that. Have you reached out to Ford directly about this? My dealer was pretty good about keeping me updated. So, it's a main Battery issue?

Nemshick_s

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I curious. at a 30 thousand level, there are 3 steps to solve a problem. First you have to identify the issue, second you order the parts and third, you install the defective part(s) and verify that the problem has been fixed. Where are you in this process? The dealer should be able to give you this information. In my case, the dealer identified the issue but Ford wanted to send an Engineer to make sure it really was the issue. For me that is what took so long.

ElectricSally813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
WOW. Sorry to here that. Have you reached out to Ford directly about this? My dealer was pretty good about keeping me updated. So, it's a main Battery issue?

Yes, we have a Ford rep that’s dealing directly with my husband. The dealership isn’t the issue, it’s just a mix of a lot on different factors. Mine is the first one that’s had the battery problem and they’ve had a lot of issues getting the tools, a lift and Ford kept sending damaged parts to add on top of everything else. Mine has bad cells but they have to replace the whole housing before they can put it back in the car. The first one was cracked. The second one wouldn’t seal and the third one was damaged in shipping. This is where we were at the point of JUST PUT A WHOLE NEW BATTERY IN! Well, they’ve evidently been able to get the latest one sealed and they’re now waiting on the technician to come back to work from a death in the family. The Ford engineer is saying that he’s confident that this battery will work and he’s not wanting to put a new one in. Well, if you’re like me, you know what being in bumper to bumper traffic and all of a sudden your car won’t go over 20 mph feels like. I thought I was going to get run over! If they make me take the car with the refurbished battery…they better hope that it works because it won’t be nice if it doesn’t. What’s the point of having a warranty on a battery if they’re only going to patch it?

Nemshick_s

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
What makes you think that it's a refurbished battery ? This car has not been around long enough to have one of those. This battery Pack is designed specifically for this car. They don't use "off the shelf" parts...

ElectricSally813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What makes you think that it's a refurbished battery ? This car has not been around long enough to have one of those. This battery Pack is designed specifically for this car. They don't use "off the shelf" parts...
When they are replacing cells and parts within the original battery…it’s not original anymore. It’s refurbished. I didn’t come up with the term, it was used in a conversation explaining what they were doing/did to the battery.

I got the car back last Friday night and I was told not to go anywhere in it outside of our city for awhile until they know it’s not going to die. So far, it’s doing ok but being told not to drive outside of a certain mile range doesn’t really give me a whole lot of confidence in the batter. I hope I’m wrong. If something else happens to the battery, they will then take steps to replace it.

Nemshick_s

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
When they are replacing cells and parts within the original battery…it’s not original anymore. It’s refurbished. I didn’t come up with the term, it was used in a conversation explaining what they were doing/did to the battery.

I got the car back last Friday night and I was told not to go anywhere in it outside of our city for awhile until they know it’s not going to die. So far, it’s doing ok but being told not to drive outside of a certain mile range doesn’t really give me a whole lot of confidence in the batter. I hope I’m wrong. If something else happens to the battery, they will then take steps to replace it.
Ya, Sounds like the person you heard that from doesn't understand what refurbished means. The cells they used are brand new...
Sounds like there be casus based on all of the trouble they had to fix it. Hopefully it's been fixed. Good luck. Keep us informed...

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag

Yay u got it back!!

Frank Katz

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Prius 2016 Crosstrek
Occupation
Ret'd
Country flag
Yes, we have a Ford rep that’s dealing directly with my husband. The dealership isn’t the issue, it’s just a mix of a lot on different factors. Mine is the first one that’s had the battery problem and they’ve had a lot of issues getting the tools, a lift and Ford kept sending damaged parts to add on top of everything else. Mine has bad cells but they have to replace the whole housing before they can put it back in the car. The first one was cracked. The second one wouldn’t seal and the third one was damaged in shipping. This is where we were at the point of JUST PUT A WHOLE NEW BATTERY IN! Well, they’ve evidently been able to get the latest one sealed and they’re now waiting on the technician to come back to work from a death in the family. The Ford engineer is saying that he’s confident that this battery will work and he’s not wanting to put a new one in. Well, if you’re like me, you know what being in bumper to bumper traffic and all of a sudden your car won’t go over 20 mph feels like. I thought I was going to get run over! If they make me take the car with the refurbished battery…they better hope that it works because it won’t be nice if it doesn’t. What’s the point of having a warranty on a battery if they’re only going to patch it?

My Mach-E is still up at Castle Rock. I got the same report today, that they don't know what to do other than wait for the "Stop Safely Now" message and the limp mode to reoccur. It sounds like your dealer has given you back the car to await just that. Unfortunately I'm a state away from the car and not anxious to drive the 364 miles home holding my breath the whole time. Ford, where are you on this?

ReRe

First Name
LaRivia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Occupation
Mortgage
Country flag
So, did all of you use a charge station outside of your home and then the battery started acting up?
Sponsored