Getting Premium Delivered in 2020

Florida7382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
What do you think, do I have any chances of getting a Premium trim Mach E delivered still this year? 2021 delivery would cause some complications with the tax credit for me personally..
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
What do you think, do I have any chances of getting a Premium trim Mach E delivered still this year? 2021 delivery would cause some complications with the tax credit for me personally..
It depends on your reservation number; rumor has it that there are 5000 first editions that will ship first.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Ford has to ship 30000 over sea to europe. Will these go first?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
No, I would expect not. The reservation numbers provided by americans and europeans appear to be in the same sequence, and logically they are going to produce all of the first editions before starting premiums. They will likely small-batch the cars being sent overseas from mexico to due to ship scheduling, but there is no reason to expect one region or the other to get all its allocation first.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
That sounds like speculation. I’d like to know the source of that information.

The fact is that once your order is placed the reservation time stamp determines your place in the production sequence of that trim level.

Ford has said that dealers will have vehicles available for test drives before a customer takes delivery. So we can infer that this year some demo units will be made first. Since there will be around 2,000 EV certified dealers we can guess that many demo units will be made first. Then the First Edition units, then the Premium trim.

Other posts have said that delivery of FE will be in late Oct, early Nov. Knowing that there will be a limited number of FE vehicles we can guess that the first reservation holders of the Premium units should start delivery in the early December timeframe.

https://www.ford.com/buy-site-wide-content/overlays/mach-e-overlays/mach-e-faq/

“10. Will I be able to test drive the vehicle before I purchase?

Yes, Ford dealers who are EV Certified to sell the Mustang Mach-E will have at least one vehicle dedicated to test drive as soon as they are available (late 2020).”

OP
OP

Florida7382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
It depends on your reservation number; rumor has it that there are 5000 first editions that will ship first.
I’m in the 17k’s if I read the reservation number right. didn’t immediately put in the reservation when it opened... the fact that I’d lose the $7.5k would definitely make me cancel and look at other options..

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I’m in the 17k’s if I read the reservation number right. didn’t immediately put in the reservation when it opened... the fact that I’d lose the $7.5k would definitely make me cancel and look at other options..
Why do you think you'll lose the $7500? The rebate drops to $3750 at the end of the quarter AFTER the quarter in which ford tops 200,000 electric cars sold, and they were under 150,000 last quarter and selling very few. The 200,000 limit probably won't be hit until late 2021, and you should get yours long before that.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit (2017), Mustang Mach-E, FE (2021)
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
That sounds like speculation. I’d like to know the source of that information.

The fact is that once your order is placed the reservation time stamp determines your place in the production sequence of that trim level.

Ford has said that dealers will have vehicles available for test drives before a customer takes delivery. So we can infer that this year some demo units will be made first. Since there will be around 2,000 EV certified dealers we can guess that many demo units will be made first. Then the First Edition units, then the Premium trim.

Other posts have said that delivery of FE will be in late Oct, early Nov. Knowing that there will be a limited number of FE vehicles we can guess that the first reservation holders of the Premium units should start delivery in the early December timeframe.

Yes, Ford dealers who are EV Certified to sell the Mustang Mach-E will have at least one vehicle dedicated to test drive as soon as they are available (late 2020).”
I sent an e-mail to Ford Motor Norway asking about the significance of the reservation number. The answer, received by telephone call, was that the digits in the number are randomized and do not tell you where you are in the delivery queue. Delivery time would be made clear in March, when the contract is to be signed.

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Here's the article I partially remembered; assuming they continued selling 600 a month after that article was written until the Mach E starts to ship that puts their total EV sales through October at around 126,000. Since they are only going to sell 50,000 mach e's the first year, the $7500 will still be available in 2022. No need to worry in your case

https://evadoption.com/ev-sales/federal-ev-tax-credit-phase-out-tracker-by-automaker/

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I sent a mail to Ford Motor Norway asking about the significance of the reservation number. The answer, received by lelephone call, was that the digits in the number are randomized do not tell you where you are in the delivery queue. Delivery time would be made clear in March, when the contract is to be signed.
That may be what they told you, but looking at the reservation spreadsheet being kept here it is clear that the numbers are correlated to reservation date and probably sequential. The delivery dates will not follow the reservation numbers, though, since the first editions will be shipped first followed by premiums. Even though I have a reservation number in the 16k range I don't expect to receive delivery of my select edition until april or may of '21

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Here's the article I partially remembered; assuming they continued selling 600 a month after that article was written until the Mach E starts to ship that puts their total EV sales through October at around 126,000. Since they are only going to sell 50,000 mach e's the first year, the $7500 will still be available in 2022. No need to worry in your case

https://evadoption.com/ev-sales/federal-ev-tax-credit-phase-out-tracker-by-automaker/
Ford has introduced the Escape PHEV and Lincoln Aviator PHEV which will both accelerate the time it takes to reach the 200k mark. Beginning of 2022 should be still good for the $7500 tax credit but probably not much past Q1.

Scufflegrit

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 BMW X1, '15 BMW 328d, '18 F150
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
When we place the order we should get a firmer delivery time. One of the reasons I reserved the Premium over the GT was the chance to get it late this year. If the first Premiums fall into next year then I will consider changing to the GT.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag

That concerns me.... Sounds like late Oct for FE, but Orders are supposed to be spring... They state "available for test drives before a customer takes delivery." and "...test drive as soon as they are available (late 2020)." However, orders will be mid 2020, and I really don't want to commit to my FE order without a test drive.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That concerns me.... Sounds like late Oct for FE, but Orders are supposed to be spring... They state "available for test drives before a customer takes delivery." and "...test drive as soon as they are available (late 2020)." However, orders will be mid 2020, and I really don't want to commit to my FE order without a test drive.
That's what I think most of us would like to find out in more detail -- How is that order process really going to work? Obviously we lock in the final specs for the vehicle we want (Spring 2020?), but since it'll still be long before we can do test drives (Fall 2020?), what kind of commitment is that? Do we put down another deposit? Can we completely back out after the test drive if we don't like it? Without forfeiting any $$?
Sponsored