Glare after tinting rear windshield

unbridled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I recently have my Mach-E windows tinted with 3M crystalline film, including the rear windshield. But then I noticed there was a light refraction issue when I look at the rearview mirror. The headlights of cars behind me causing glare on the defroster lines into vertical rows.
While I know this might be a common issue with some other cars, due to the angle of windshields, thickness of defroster lines, etc.
I am curious whether others are having the same issue with their Mach-E.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Glare after tinting rear windshield PXL_20210918_023842496
Sponsored

Last edited:

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
When did you have this done? If it’s recently, the film may need some time to set. Years ago I had a Cavalier that I had tinted - same effect for a few days but it ultimately went away.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I did not tint my rear glass when I did the sides for this reason. On my 06 Mustang it never got bubbles but after a decade the rear tint was very cloudy. The MachE rear glass was dark enough already imo.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yup, it’s normal, someone else mentioned this in a post someplace as well. I also have mine tinted and I get the same effect.

Also, as far as it being dark enough, the stock tint is only that, just tint. It does not offer any thermal benefits and very very poor UV protection if any at all. That is the main benefits of having after market tint installed IMO

OP
OP
unbridled

unbridled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
When did you have this done? If it’s recently, the film may need some time to set. Years ago I had a Cavalier that I had tinted - same effect for a few days but it ultimately went away.
Unfortunately, it has been a week... and the tinter told me it's not likely to go away... I have to either live with it or remove it...

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Unfortunately, it has been a week... and the tinter told me it's not likely to go away... I have to either live with it or remove it...
Just make it darker so you don’t look out it :D

I have 25% on my windows, so the back is basically limo. I actually did not realize it till someone else had mentioned it on the forums, now I notice it lol
Sponsored