Going in for service. What software updates do I need?

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
If they remove the roof glass, they are not following the directions.
I guess I don't know how the fix is done, as I said earlier my tech isn't inspiring confidence. He spoke very fast and things ran together so I am not sure he knows himself. He said they take out the headliner. I was a little chagrined that they couldn't do this while they were working on the software updates, but as I said that took 3 days, so I don't think they could focus on anything else until it was done. Good to hear from you General!
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I guess I don't know how the fix is done, as I said earlier my tech isn't inspiring confidence. He spoke very fast and things ran together so I am not sure he knows himself. He said they take out the headliner. I was a little chagrined that they couldn't do this while they were working on the software updates, but as I said that took 3 days, so I don't think they could focus on anything else until it was done. Good to hear from you General!
They do need to take out the headliner, and they do need to remove the windshield, but they donā€™t have to remove the roof. In my case, it was the removal of the headliner that lead to a bit of damage.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
They do need to take out the headliner, and they do need to remove the windshield, but they donā€™t have to remove the roof. In my case, it was the removal of the headliner that lead to a bit of damage.
Well my baby is awfully close to perfect right now. I will be sad if she gets messed up.

scubauke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e wanta be
Country flag
Getting conflicting advise from dealership in Irvine, California. Made an appointment for February 21, 2022 and was told they have to order new glass to replace windshield and sunroof. I thought they do not replace glass unless they brake it. They say they have done 10-15 of these. Not sure they know what they are talking about.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Well my baby is awfully close to perfect right now. I will be sad if she gets messed up.
FWIW, Iā€™m waiting until late winter or early spring before I have mine done here. Let them practice on somebody else.

Welcome back btw.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Getting conflicting advise from dealership in Irvine, California. Made an appointment for February 21, 2022 and was told they have to order new glass to replace windshield and sunroof. I thought they do not replace glass unless they brake it. They say they have done 10-15 of these. Not sure they know what they are talking about.
If they meant they are ordering the glass for the windshield, that may be a good thing. Several people have reported that their windshield was broken during removal. Having a new one on hand would save you several days waiting on a replacement if they happen to break it. Any dealer doing more than a handful of recalls should stock a windshield.
If they really are ordering a panoramic roof glass, then yeah, they likely are clueless.
Sponsored