Going in for service. What software updates do I need?

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
Thanks!!!
One more follow up question - if these showed up under my VIN as shown in the graphic, that means my car is eligible to have them installed, correct? I don't need to wait? I think my car is a July build, so out of the window on the original notice.

Thanks again! I think I speak for all when I say it's amazing how everyone so helpful on this site!

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
@breeves002 are you able to run my VIN 3FMTK3SUXMMA39072?

I would appreciate it so I can see if the dealer really updated the modules they claimed. My car was built right after the cutoff for 21P22 but I was informed that this was the issue that resulted in a catastrophic failure of the rear motor.

Thanks!

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
@breeves002 are you able to run my VIN 3FMTK3SUXMMA39072?

I would appreciate it so I can see if the dealer really updated the modules they claimed. My car was built right after the cutoff for 21P22 but I was informed that this was the issue that resulted in a catastrophic failure of the rear motor.

Thanks!
You have 0 updates available so safe to say they did them all.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thanks for the input all.

I dropped Marlin off at Koons Ford for the 10K and software updates. They had me set of another Service Advisor who wasn't there, so I ended up with Billy who has done well for me before. He has my down for the CSP21P22 right off and they will pull all the DTCs and update whatever is needed. I gave him the DTCs lists as well as the modules needing update. He wasn't at all suprised I had those in hand already.

I gave him the TSB 21-2249 as well and told him I'd received most of the errors on the top half of that list and that I get an error at least once every other week that then go away. I also told him my wife doesn't even use PaaK because it never works for her, so it needs PaaK work. He put down the "randomly throwing warning messages" issue that will give them carte blanche. Marlin should be all up to date when I get him back.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thanks for the input all.

I dropped Marlin off at Koons Ford for the 10K and software updates. They had me set of another Service Advisor who wasn't there, so I ended up with Billy who has done well for me before. He has my down for the CSP21P22 right off and they will pull all the DTCs and update whatever is needed. I gave him the DTCs lists as well as the modules needing update. He wasn't at all suprised I had those in hand already.

I gave him the TSB 21-2249 as well and told him I'd received most of the errors on the top half of that list and that I get an error at least once every other week that then go away. I also told him my wife doesn't even use PaaK because it never works for her, so it needs PaaK work. He put down the "randomly throwing warning messages" issue that will give them carte blanche. Marlin should be all up to date when I get him back.
They plugged it in for the myriad updates yesterday afternoon. As of this afternoon they are still downloading! Hopefully Marlin will have all his new software by tomorrow morning.

Whew!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
They plugged it in for the myriad updates yesterday afternoon. As of this afternoon they are still downloading! Hopefully Marlin will have all his new software by tomorrow morning.
Are they using a dial-up Internet connection? Some of the updates take some time, but not that much time.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Are they using a dial-up Internet connection? Some of the updates take some time, but not that much time.
I reported what I was told. I have my suspicions about the story as well.

ConejoRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Route 1 Mach-E, Chevrolet Volt
Country flag
Have an appointment for the CSP21P22 update next week. Would be great to have the list of what needs updating as well if someone could be kind enough to run 3FMTK2R74MMA10144 it would be much appreciated! Feb build date and has not been in for any service since we picked it up in March so I expect there may be some other things outstanding.

Thanks!!!!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Sync 1 and MyFord Touch used a dial-up connection for Vehicle Health Reports.

True story.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

Whew!
Yeah someone is lying to you. I have DSL at home (don't judge) and I download the updates in less than a 30s each.

It's more a matter of having to click through a thousand prompts that they are probably doing in between working on other vehicles.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
And they didn't call me back at all today. I'm not feeling happy.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
And they didn't call me back at all today. I'm not feeling happy.
BTW, I took Marlin in for a Monday reservation (Dec 6), got him back on Thursday (Dec 9). Apparently they had trouble getting some of the modules to install and had to try it repeatedly. They said they finally got them all

This will be a problem for Ford to get PowerUps to work in the future, especially for complicated installs. It makes sense that Ford has so far kept each PowerUp to a module or two.
Sponsored