noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium 4X, Focus Electric
Country flag
FIrst, I have to thanks everyone on the forum for helping get me through the long, dark wait for my Premium EX AWD. Couldn't have done it without you and all the superb insights.

With respect to the title of my post, I have to preface it with the notion that I've been driving a 2014 Ford Focus Electric for the last 6.5 years. I LOVED that car. Drove like a dream. No issues with it, but was getting tiring worrying about range. Especially in Michigan winters.

That said, I've made my roundtrip from the burbs to downtown Detroit (about 35 miles) a few times. The first of these, it was snowing and pretty cold. Just getting used to the car and not really caring about battery performance. I mean, hey, it's a bad ass new car. Today, the weather was above freezing and sunny. Drive down, 100% charged, GOM read - 171 miles. After my experience with the FFE, I knew that the percentage was more important that the miles. I paid little attention.

Driving down Woodward (local, straight, 4-lane thoroughfare) the distance, heat on, I arrived at work with 98% of my battery, and wait for it, 171 miles of range left. A bit of a pleasant surprise. If I were in the FFE doing same speed, same heat, I would have had 50% of the battery left. And I've had VERY little degradation of my battery. Every time the weather warmed up, I would get my usual 72-75 miles per charge.

Drive home this evening after the game, Lodge Freeway, 40 degrees, cruise set to 71, heat on 70, I got home with 167 miles left on the GOM and 95% of the battery remaining.

I gotta say, I think I lucked out getting my MME with no real issues (other than the wait) to speak of. Phone works, app works, Sync works (great BTW), and no shipping damage. Drives like a bat out of hell. Lots of nods and waves. Ford has an AMAZING product and I'm super happy to have one. Hope it's the beginning of the "rebirth" of Ford for the next 100.

Thanks again to all!
Sponsored

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
FIrst, I have to thanks everyone on the forum for helping get me through the long, dark wait for my Premium EX AWD. Couldn't have done it without you and all the superb insights.

With respect to the title of my post, I have to preface it with the notion that I've been driving a 2014 Ford Focus Electric for the last 6.5 years. I LOVED that car. Drove like a dream. No issues with it, but was getting tiring worrying about range. Especially in Michigan winters.

That said, I've made my roundtrip from the burbs to downtown Detroit (about 35 miles) a few times. The first of these, it was snowing and pretty cold. Just getting used to the car and not really caring about battery performance. I mean, hey, it's a bad ass new car. Today, the weather was above freezing and sunny. Drive down, 100% charged, GOM read - 171 miles. After my experience with the FFE, I knew that the percentage was more important that the miles. I paid little attention.

Driving down Woodward (local, straight, 4-lane thoroughfare) the distance, heat on, I arrived at work with 98% of my battery, and wait for it, 171 miles of range left. A bit of a pleasant surprise. If I were in the FFE doing same speed, same heat, I would have had 50% of the battery left. And I've had VERY little degradation of my battery. Every time the weather warmed up, I would get my usual 72-75 miles per charge.

Drive home this evening after the game, Lodge Freeway, 40 degrees, cruise set to 71, heat on 70, I got home with 167 miles left on the GOM and 95% of the battery remaining.

I gotta say, I think I lucked out getting my MME with no real issues (other than the wait) to speak of. Phone works, app works, Sync works (great BTW), and no shipping damage. Drives like a bat out of hell. Lots of nods and waves. Ford has an AMAZING product and I'm super happy to have one. Hope it's the beginning of the "rebirth" of Ford for the next 100.

Thanks again to all!
Awesome! Nice to hear a report like this!

OP
OP
noflipping

noflipping

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium 4X, Focus Electric
Country flag
Interestingly, I was just in the driveway poking the various settings - car on, no heat, and the range started going up! It's about 45 here today, so I figure the GOM is recalibrating based the warmer temps. Kind cool.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Thanks again to all!
i have range anxiety. :-( There is no way for me to make it from seattle to fargo. bummed i am going to have to rent a car for trip.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
i have range anxiety. :-( There is no way for me to make it from seattle to fargo. bummed i am going to have to rent a car for trip.
you're definitely hitting one of the dead regions for CCS there unfortunately. :(

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Could be done but you would have to find some rv camp grounds with 50amp service to charge. Probably would be slow going.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I mean... you could go the *really* long way and approach from Minnesota. Or go through Canada if the border ever reopens.

It'll be a bit until BEVs can cross most of Montana and North Dakota, Wyoming, or South Dakota (though South Dakota is being worked on, I see a lot of "coming soon" stations).
Sponsored