jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I suppose so, but I couldn't imagine buying an EV if I had no way to charge at home. To me it defeats the whole purpose. Maybe years from now the infrastructure would make that viable. To each their own.
I'm with you on that -- if I couldn't just walk out and plug my car in at home, it'd be a dealbreaker for me as well. In Memphis, according to Plugshare, there's only one public DC Fast Charger -- the other is a Nissan dealership -- and I can't imagine having to trek there and hope the stalls all work and aren't occupied. It's in a nice shopping area, so there's that.

Edit: ... and it is currently listed as "Under Repair" ... ooof!
Sponsored

MachEGTPilot

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350 DRW, 2020 Escape Hybrid, 2021 MachE GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you aren't on a road trip, why would you use it, other than just to see if it works? Or to get your 250khw free from Ford. I could test mine at the local Wal-Mart, but, you know, Wal-Mart...
Because we drove "locally" almost 200 miles and needed a charge to get back home.

qberrt

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 22 Mach E
Country flag
Hyundai is going to be opening "Ioniq" stores like Honda did with Acura, Toyota did with Lexus and Hyundai did with Genesis.

monolith10101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier
Country flag
There’s a lot to like about the IONIQ 5, especially at that price. I like some things about the Mach-E better, like some parts of the interior and the larger amount of cargo space, but the IONIQ 5’s much faster DCFC charge rate would be very nice to have.

J-orange

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang GT vert, 2022 MME Premium eAWD ER
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I suppose so, but I couldn't imagine buying an EV if I had no way to charge at home. To me it defeats the whole purpose. Maybe years from now the infrastructure would make that viable. To each their own.
I am about to take the EV plunge hopefully in a few months when my MME arrives. From what I have researched is that to prolong battery capacity as long as possible that it is best to avoid frequent DCFC sessions.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
I can't get past that interior on the Ioniq 5. It's just so ugly ?

The Kia EV6 is much better on the inside, but worse on the outside, especially those side and rear views.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
A nice video review. I don't see the Ioniq 5 as a Mach-E competitor... it's aiming at the ID.4 market with the softer tuned suspension. The EV6 is the direct Mach-E competitor IMO.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I feel like the Ioniq is being overhyped. Also, some of the real world charge rate testing on the euro models has been less than impressive. That said, I will give them credit for some innovative ideas.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
A nice video review. I don't see the Ioniq 5 as a Mach-E competitor... it's aiming at the ID.4 market with the softer tuned suspension. The EV6 is the direct Mach-E competitor IMO.

Kia's EV6 will compete more with the MME. The ionic 5 is not a "driver's car" what I can see from the reviews

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I had zero interest in even test driving an Ioniq 5 until the two glowing video reviews (one above and this one):

Now I'd consider at least test driving one and maybe putting a deposit (ETA 2023... lol).

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Kia's EV6 will compete more with the MME. The ionic 5 is not a "driver's car" what I can see from the reviews
The Ioniq5 N will address the driver’s car need. 570hp dual motor. Yeah. And since Hyundai/Kia have partnered with Rimac on HV battery tech, there ain’t gonna be no 5 secs of power BS going on.

Ford will have to step it up.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Here. You’re welcome. One of the best reviewers out there. Check out the Carwow drag races if you haven’t already. Some epic stuff.

friendswithdave

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Leaf, 2021 MME Rt 1 on order
Country flag
The Ioniq is a competitor to the Mach-E. Had it been available and viewable in September we would have given it serious consideration. We will take a close look at them once they can be seen. If we like it better than our Mach-E currently on order, AND we can get what we paid for the Mach-E, I could see us purchasing one. The faster charge rate is a big deal if you are a full EV family like we will be when the Mach-E arrives.

OP
OP
B25Nut

B25Nut

First Name
Charlee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The Ioniq is a competitor to the Mach-E. Had it been available and viewable in September we would have given it serious consideration. We will take a close look at them once they can be seen. If we like it better than our Mach-E currently on order, AND we can get what we paid for the Mach-E, I could see us purchasing one. The faster charge rate is a big deal if you are a full EV family like we will be when the Mach-E arrives.
The way I see it

ID.4/Ioniq 5 - comfort and range. Under $42K MSRP.
EV6/Mach-E (RWD and AWD trims) - base performance. $50K
EV6 AWD / Mach-E Premium AWD Ext / Model Y Long Range LR / Ioniq 5 AWD - mid range performance. $55-60K
Mach GTPE/EV6 GT/Model Y Performance - high performance (all sub 4 second 0-60). $60-70K
Sponsored