RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Does the MME have a locking glove box? I would think that the metal key should need to be cut so that it would open a locked glove box. Hence why i asked the question.
TIA
No, it does not.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Does the MME have a locking glove box? I would think that the metal key should need to be cut so that it would open a locked glove box. Hence why i asked the question.
TIA
No. And every metal key for an MME is just an uncut blank.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I can’t even get my dealer to bother ordering a second when I said I would pay. @Ford Motor Company is really screwing the pooch all around here
This is the problem, each dealer is different. My dealer was great. I dealt directly with the GM via his cell phone. I requested a 2nd key, they tried some cheap aftermarket thing that was not programmable and then the guy just ordered me one from Ford.

I really wish Ford and all dealers would just move to the Telsa model and use existing infrastructure as service centers. I'm a capitalist, just not a creepy one like some of these car dealers.

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
I really wish Ford and all dealers would just move to the Telsa model and use existing infrastructure as service centers. I'm a capitalist, just not a creepy one like some of these car dealers.
I heavily relate to this

heywardjr

First Name
Heyward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I read in the newspaper that Ford decided in July to give buyers 2 keys like they do with other cars. Cell phones are not reliable enough (or blue tooth is the issue). I'd rather carry a fob like I have the last 50 years...I'm 67...old fashioned I guess.

Haven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT 7-8-21, Flex
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got 2 key fobs when I picked up my GT two weeks ago and they are sitting in the drawer as the phone app works fine for me.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
Franchise laws prevent them form doing this. Some states actually prohibit selling cars online.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Franchise laws prevent them form doing this. Some states actually prohibit selling cars online.
It also use to be illegal to vote if you didn't own land in this country. Laws can be changed if enough force is applied.

TheCats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y5Z
Country flag
The next generation of PaaK will use UWB, which should be much more reliable than Bluetooth LE. Bluetooth just wasn't designed for this application.
Tesla has been able to get PaaK working reliably for a wide range of phones.

Ford really should provide a second fob for older purchases. Perhaps they intend to do so, but are being hit by supply chain issues.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Second key fobs for all GT owners.

OP
OP
Timmy

Timmy

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium 4WD EB
Country flag
The phone can have no battery and you are screwed!
Someone can steal your phone, you are screwed!
Keys work for long periods of time, reliably, I like the keyfobs. It works it will always work.
Use PAAK if you wish, but I rather have the key in my pocket, as I have done for a long time.
I hate relying on technology too much because when something breaks it can take a long time to sort out.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
The phone can have no battery and you are screwed!
Someone can steal your phone, you are screwed!
Keys work for long periods of time, reliably, I like the keyfobs. It works it will always work.
just to be fair here, you can lose a keyfob and be screwed, completely at that point for driving (although the door keypad means you could still unlock and lock the car, access the hatch, etc.).

on the other hand the door keypad that ships with a factory code and the ability to add others, and the backup start code that is set as part of PaaK setup, mean that a lost or dead phone don't mean you are screwed, assuming you know the keypad and start code (which, if using PaaK, you should).

Although a lost phone conceivably means a theft is possible by someone with the phone, that's just as true with a stolen keyfob of course, and with PaaK it's a lot easier to self-service delete the entry from the car side.

there's absolutely concerns with PaaK (particularly around reliability for many), but these specific ones are not really on point.

OP
OP
Timmy

Timmy

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium 4WD EB
Country flag
I would disagree in part.
The tech guys (and I am one of those) will always find a workaround for everything.
The key is "simplicity". Have it, and then you may have something else.
However, when you are relying on codes/phones/software etc. You are creating vulnerabilities and points of failure.
As I said, give me the keys.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
I would disagree in part.
The tech guys (and I am one of those) will always find a workaround for everything.
The key is "simplicity". Have it, and then you may have something else.
However, when you are relying on codes/phones/software etc. You are creating vulnerabilities and points of failure.
As I said, give me the keys.
You realize that fobs fail too, right??
Sponsored