Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS , Premium EX4, 22' M3 SR+, R1T Order
Occupation
Electric Utilities - Management
Country flag
Hopefully we see more reviews on HWY range soon, I have a regular trip I do that's 205 miles each way (plenty of EA chargers on that route though) but mostly at 75ish MPH on a flat straight road, really hoping I am up over 200+ miles of range on that drive with the ER AWD just for my sanity.

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Hopefully we see more reviews on HWY range soon, I have a regular trip I do that's 205 miles each way (plenty of EA chargers on that route though) but mostly at 75ish MPH on a flat straight road, really hoping I am up over 200+ miles of range on that drive with the ER AWD just for my sanity.
Same here, I round trip 200 miles often on weekends to our parents house to take kids out. I would hope it lasts interstate hwy miles, with enough room to spare for misc. miles between.

Looking forward to more reviews like this one.

JoseLuisDeLaCruz

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV
Occupation
CEO and Founder of Parking Heaven
Country flag
Damn these numbers aren’t too good Model Y Long Range AWD did 276 miles......I guess the lack of heat pump really makes a difference.....ugh!!!

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
It was a typical Pacific Northwest winter day—about 50 degrees, a little sun, near calm winds, some intermittent rain, constantly moist and requiring the climate control to be moving air to keep the windshield clear

drop in range with colder temperatures. Winter at 50 degrees would never be paired together where true winter condition exist.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Damn these numbers aren’t too good Model Y Long Range AWD did 276 miles......I guess the lack of heat pump really makes a difference.....ugh!!!
219/270 mile range = ~81% of full range
276/326 mile range = ~85% of full range

3.5% difference, not that huge, considering the difference in drag of the two vehicles.

Last edited:

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
It was a typical Pacific Northwest winter day—about 50 degrees, a little sun, near calm winds, some intermittent rain, constantly moist and requiring the climate control to be moving air to keep the windshield clear

drop in range with colder temperatures. Winter at 50 degrees would never be paired together where true winter condition exist.
50° winter? We call that Spring in Michigan! And we might even put some shorts on.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Pretty sure you see frost in your yard.
Nah. Never. Cold in Kailua Kona is low 60s for the over night low. In January. After a cold front passes. It’s tough duty.

The coldest subdivision on island is probably Waiki’i. 4,000 to 6.000 ft elevation. In February it can drop to the 40s over night if a cold front passes through and there’s snow on MaunaKea.. But otherwise it’s rather Santa Barbara like there.

We’re not going to have cold induced range issues here. ;)

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Nah. Never. Cold in Kailua Kona is low 60s for the over night low. In January. After a cold front passes. It’s tough duty.

The coldest subdivision on island is probably Waiki’i. 4,000 to 6.000 ft elevation. In February it can drop to the 40s over night if a cold front passes through and there’s snow on MaunaKea.. But otherwise it’s rather Santa Barbara like there.

We’re not going to have cold induced range issues here. ;)
I'm talking frost on your Kona beer mug.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I'm talking frost on your Kona beer mug.
Well that’s a bit different. Yes, those do come in handy. I rarely drink so I’m a bit slow on the uptake. Yes, cold mug at the Kona brewing company. Prepandemic. Worked well during the hottest time of the year (October).

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Well that’s a bit different. Yes, those do come in handy. I rarely drink so I’m a bit slow on the uptake. Yes, cold mug at the Kona brewing company. Prepandemic. Worked well during the hottest time of the year (October).
I have done a number of stints teaching for UH and love visiting as a responsible tourist. Ah, those were the days--when we could travel!

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag

I'd really like to know where this was in the PNW. The standard joke where I live is that it starts raining in November and you hope it stops by the fourth of July. November and December typically have brutal wind storms to boot. Maybe the reviewer is closer to Portland where it's a little more "temperate". Completely agree about the climate control though. It is difficult to keep windows clear without active air flow and the occasional burst of heat or A/C.

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
219/270 mile range = ~81% of full range
276/326 mile range = ~85% of full range

3.5% difference, not that huge, considering the difference in drag of the two vehicles.
219 is 80% of 276. Granted, that 276 was determined in warmer conditions, but in these tests the Y had significantly more range
Sponsored