GT Performance Edition vs Standard GT worth it?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, It's not as nice as Porsche system, but it's also 5k all in. Whereas Porsche charge you 500$ just for color wheel center cap (No exacerbation).
PASM is 1360 and 18 way seats is 1870 (in the base car)

colored seat belts are $540
instrument dials in white $700
tailpipe in black $1,990 (donā€™t need that in an MME)

you name it , you can buy it with Porsche, they are eager to take your monly
Sponsored

Pathung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I find this a strange conversation - comparing a Macan to a Mach-E. I must however remind that the big, flat battery sitting thus low in the Mach-E should do wonders for its handling; do we have car-magazine slalom numbers for both cars to compare?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Is it as good as the Porsche Active Suspension (PASM) and 18 ways seats.

Porsche can map transmission separately from suspension. I donā€™t believe you can do that on the GTPE.

again not having driven the GTPE I canā€™t definitively say the Macan is better and not trying to disparage the MME, but having driven Porsches and Fords, I would bet on Porsche. of course the Macan is more expensive but not sure how much more anymore.
I know handling is more than skidpad, but there is a SIGNIFICANT difference between the Macan skidpad and figure 8 vs the GTPE.

Macan .88
GTPE .96

Figure 8
Macan- 26.3 at .66g
GTPE- 24.9 at .78g

In terms of absolute numbers itā€™s not even close!

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/...odel-20t-four-cylinder-first-test-review/amp/

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/...h-e-gt-performance-edition-first-test-review/

You have to step up to the Macan GTS to match our .96 G. And they ā€œcheatā€ with waaaay better tires.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2022-porsche-macan-gts-first-test-review/amp/

No clue why so much handling naysaying for the GTPE. Itā€™s one of the best handling SUVs on the road.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Handling is hard to quantify. Sure, you can look at the raw numbers, but a lot of it comes down to how the vehicle feels.

Although the GTPE may give great numbers, it feels heavy and resist change in direction (it's over 5K pounds.) I had a Cayenne turbo before the GTPE and that SUV just felt better and inspire more confidence.

Another example is the miata. If you just look at the numbers, miatas are slow, but everyone that have driven one says its one of the best driver's car.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When you add up the magnaride, larger brake calipers, larger tires and major wheel upgrade and seats, $6000 isnā€™t really that much. A fair price.

I donā€™t feel any bouncing on my GTPE but I did in the Select and Premium. Perhaps it was because of the drive mode and one pedal In the test drives we took. Also I had noticed some of the bounce was resolved by choosing two pedal.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Handling is hard to quantify. Sure, you can look at the raw numbers, but a lot of it comes down to how the vehicle feels.

Although the GTPE may give great numbers, it feels heavy and resist change in direction (it's over 5K pounds.) I had a Cayenne turbo before the GTPE and that SUV just felt better and inspire more confidence.

Another example is the miata. If you just look at the numbers, miatas are slow, but everyone that have driven one says its one of the best driver's car.
I do agree somewhat.

Part of handling is definitely ā€œfeelā€ and ā€œfun.ā€ Steering feel and feedback can make a large difference.

That said, you can quantify a big part of the equation. And when you do, the GTPE performs well.

While the ā€œhandling fun factorā€ may not be there, the data will show you which vehicle will go around a corner faster.

So while the GTPE may not be as fun to sling around a corner, itā€™ll crush a Miata in terms of speed through a turn (and beat a Macan while itā€™s at it).

Either way, itā€™s impressive for how heavy it is (and under tired too).

No doubt a Porsche should win the fun category.

Darauk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT PE, 2020 F-150, 2019 Altima
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
When you add up the magnaride, larger brake calipers, larger tires and major wheel upgrade and seats, $6000 isnā€™t really that much. A fair price.

I donā€™t feel any bouncing on my GTPE but I did in the Select and Premium. Perhaps it was because of the drive mode and one pedal In the test drives we took. Also I had noticed some of the bounce was resolved by choosing two pedal.
Plus sexier tires, nicer interior trim, comfier seats (IMO), and overall fit and finish improvements of GT (copper accents??) and Premium (those tires, ugh!).

Again, all my opinion and preferences. I love the GTPE look, and when you add all the trim enhancements plus what @Peaceowl said, it was an easy addition.

At the end of the day, GTPE owners have to ask if they are happy. I am, so I'm comfortable with what I paid for.

(And, again, Premium and Select were all sold out when I ordered.)

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Can't forget the calipers as well..... granted it's likely lettering alone.
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition vs Standard GT worth it? 1671042786293

The fact that F150 is faster to 120mph is sad though...
I'm going to change that however :)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Can't forget the calipers as well..... granted it's likely lettering alone.
<SNIP>
Itā€™s not just the calipers. The GT-PE has bigger front rotors. Between the bigger brakes and the Magneride I was sold on the GT-PE. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Itā€™s not just the calipers. The GT-PE has bigger front rotors. Between the bigger brakes and the Magneride I was sold on the GT-PE. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©
I was under the impression that the GT and PE were identical sans the "brembo" labeling -- are ya sure?

Edit:
Yes, GT has same brakes, just missing decal
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition vs Standard GT worth it? 1671044409310

Hell ford doesn't even mention the lettering in the package -- it's just that though, lettering.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition vs Standard GT worth it? 1671044524394

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was under the impression that the GT and PE were identical sans the "brembo" labeling -- are ya sure?

Edit:
Yes, GT has same brakes, just missing decal
1671044409310.png

Hell ford doesn't even mention the lettering in the package -- it's just that though, lettering.

1671044524394.png
Thatā€™s the incorrect info from Ford.

People have measured. PE brakes are larger. They are both made by Brembo though.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag

People have measured. PE brakes are larger. They are both made by Brembo though.
Indeed -- parts are showing front rotors unique to PE whereas all others share same front rotor....
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition vs Standard GT worth it? 1671047324317

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition vs Standard GT worth it? 1671047334800

Vs...
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition vs Standard GT worth it? 1671047363111

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition vs Standard GT worth it? 1671047377429

Not surprised I guess...

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Yep, which is why you can put wheels that fit a Select or Premium on a GT, but might have trouble on a GT-PE. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©