GT Performance Edition Wheel Specs

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Thanks for posting these details. Wondering your thoughts on if you think 19” wheels will clear the brake calipers after you have played with these during your wheel project. My GTPE is due to be delivered to me in Anchorage ( eta is (10/27) about the time we normally have our permanent winter snow on the ground. I would really like to be able to down size the wheels for winter and need to get them ordered ASAP so they get here in time.
Ford use a wacky specification for the brake sizes that is not the actual size of the rotors but the minimum wheel size for clearance on the GT / GTPE it has 19" so a 19" should in theory clear however a lot of that success will depend on the actual wheel design chosen and getting the correct offset. Some wheel designs don't give a lot of clearance and would have trouble clearing a disc and caliper combination the size of a drinks coaster without needing to use a ridiculous offset.

Maybe also worth trying to get confirmation from Ford but with the 19" minium you would think that internally they would have made sure that the 19" premium wheel would fit.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I thought I recalled multiple places on the Ford site and/or brochures using the “forged” terminology in wheel description… not sure if that was edited or they’re just being loose with it, as in ‘rotary forged’ or ‘flow forged’

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...Mustang_Mach-E_GT_Performance_Edition-SEO.pdf
Yes, I remember the same. Web sites, brochures, everything said the wheels were supposed to be forged. The current web site does not use the terminology “forged” in relation to the wheels. From the pictures, they just don’t look it. The weight would also indicate that they are cast.

AKPat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME GTPE, ‘14 F-350 DRW, ‘19 Edge ST
Country flag
guess it would depend on the wheel… This picture doesnt capture it great, but there’s more than .5” here on my 20” setup…
Thank you for the additional photos. Nice wheels by the way!

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
The real question is are they for sale??
If ppl are eager to shell out $, I consider everything for sale ;) There is a set on eBay, ~50mi on them for $3195+275s/h. The one variable that I'm not aware of is pricing for these special "Elect" P Zeros, or the actual differences from their standard $260 P-Zeros siblings

I typically put my stock wheelsets in storage for re-sale, and use one for a full size spare. If people want to pay the above pricing, i'd consider selling my 180mi set... but I did see there is a TSW or other aftermarket knock-off that looks quite identical and probably 1/4 the cost

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
If ppl are eager to shell out $, I consider everything for sale ;) There is a set on eBay, ~50mi on them for $3195+275s/h. The one variable that I'm not aware of is pricing for these special "Elect" P Zeros, or the actual differences from their standard $260 P-Zeros siblings

I typically put my stock wheelsets in storage for re-sale, and use one for a full size spare. If people want to pay the above pricing, i'd consider selling my 180mi set... but I did see there is a TSW or other aftermarket knock-off that looks quite identical and probably 1/4 the cost
Ford is selling them for $850/each.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/wheels-and-tires/wheel-parts/wheel-13888331-1
Sponsored