New Tire Suggestions for 2022 MME GT Performance Edition?

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
I put the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S' on mine and couldn't be happier. You don't sound like you need an all weather tire. I don't and live in a similar climate.
Sponsored

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
If youā€™re in California, you may want to skip the Michelins if you do highway driving on grooved surfaces. Iā€™ve had them on 2 different evā€™s now and they wander all over the place. Not the case with the Pirellis.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Since I got a winter wheelset, my Conti CrossContact RX tires are probably gonna last awhile.

That said, I really want a replacement set to emphasize efficiency and comfort plus have a wear rating of more than 500. Even a 5% improvement on range over the RX will be a big deal since the GT sucks at road trips (compared to 4X or CR1).

CopperRobot

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
I don't have a GT, but I got 40k+ out of my OEM tires. Wanted to replace them with slightly wider tire long ago, but waited until it was necessary to replace the originals.

Went with Michelin Primacy Tour A/S. 255/50 R19. I lean towards higher priced higher mileage warranty tires. I've always been happy with Michelin.

Slightly wider tire provides a bit of curb protection.
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Tire Suggestions for 2022 MME GT Performance Edition? 1000004275

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
I have read several posts where people have been able to get only about 4000 miles on the OEM Pirelli summer tires. So the OP has 7x that. That is exceptional tread life for a performance tire With a tread wear rating of 200.

I have been researching this my next set of tires since before I purchased the car since I was reading horror stories abound terrible tread life on the OEM tires. I have almost 17K on my OEM Pirelli summer tires, and based on the first 17K, I hope/expect to get to around 25K+/-.

I like a good performance car and tire, but my MME will never see a track and it is my daily driver that is still fun to drive when I can have some fun, but often just stuck in LA traffic of doing boring freeway driving, so while I care about performance, I also care about efficiency And other factors. I have experienced first hand the effects of non EV tires on a different few EVā€™s on range, acceleration and performance, noise, comfort etc.

I suspect there are many who switched to different tiresā€¦who are loud voices complaining on ā€œwhy my range suddenly dropped.ā€

EVs really do better with tires that are specifically designed for an EV.

So am 95% certain that if today I were to get a new set of tires I would also get the all season version of Pirelli P Zero Elect (with a 500 rating on tread wear life).

Perhaps something will come out before I need to pull the triggerā€¦ but knowing what I know todayā€¦ that is my vote too.
Why would you get all seasons in LA? There are better tires in performance, noise, tread life, and are optimized for EVs specifically.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Why would you get all seasons in LA? There are better tires in performance, noise, tread life, and are optimized for EVs specifically.
A few reasons. A P Zero all season is an EV tire that still has very good performance.

I would like to have the option to take it on a road trip to the snow without needing a second set of tires for an occasional winter trip. I want them to last for a long time, I want them to be efficient, quiet and with good performance.

What do you suggest I also consider?

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
If youā€™re in California, you may want to skip the Michelins if you do highway driving on grooved surfaces. Iā€™ve had them on 2 different evā€™s now and they wander all over the place. Not the case with the Pirellis.
I have a bit of this on the 101 with my Rx's, when using BC it freaks out, cancels and wobbles around in the same spot every time. I figured it was grooved roads as well. The 3 I'm looking at are the DSW06+'s, Hankooks (Not sure if everyone is looking at the summer tire? Which only has a 360 tread wear) and Pilot 4s (Costco FTW). I too only have an occasional chance of running into snow, but I have a back up ICE SUV for that.

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
Pirelli A/S also are quieter, EV rated, longer tread life. My stock Pirellis are bald at 12.5k.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I put the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S' on mine and couldn't be happier. You don't sound like you need an all weather tire. I don't and live in a similar climate.
How are they for traction? I had them on my last car (Chevy SS) and it was a HUGE upgrade in everything from the stock tires.

My GTPE factory tires suck. The edges are completely bald at 9k miles (I rotated and aligned at 7k) and I can spin at any speed 30 mph and less.

Here are my rear tires right now and the fronts are the same-
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Tire Suggestions for 2022 MME GT Performance Edition? IMG_9610

Buzz

First Name
Lamonte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select, AWD, Comfort/Tech, Star White
Occupation
Studying Environmental Chemistry
Country flag
I got 48k miles (rated 55k) out of the Michelin Primacy A/S that came on my ā€˜21 Select. Mostly highway miles. I live in NY and theyā€™ve had respectable all season performance too. Just swapped the old ones out for a new set.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I replaced my tires on the GTPE with the CrossClimate2's. Honestly I love the way they make the car handle and they are winter rated. After 20k miles they also looked brand new still and had great tread wear. A lot of people on the forum have gone with CC2's. I would highly recommend.

Ford Mustang Mach-E New Tire Suggestions for 2022 MME GT Performance Edition? 1701892667018

Ford Mustang Mach-E New Tire Suggestions for 2022 MME GT Performance Edition? PXL_20221023_215644882.MP

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
How are they for traction? I had them on my last car (Chevy SS) and it was a HUGE upgrade in everything from the stock tires.

My GTPE factory tires suck. The edges are completely bald at 9k miles (I rotated and aligned at 7k) and I can spin at any speed 30 mph and less.

Here are my rear tires right now and the fronts are the same-
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Tire Suggestions for 2022 MME GT Performance Edition? PXL_20221023_215644882.MP
They're great. I also had Custom Alignment in Mtn View, CA do a nice performance street alignment at the same time. I also have that same model tire on my Shelby with 345's in the back!

https://www.customalignment.com/

VindictivePantz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MACH-E Premium AWD w/ Ext. Battery
Country flag
I got 48k miles (rated 55k) out of the Michelin Primacy A/S that came on my ā€˜21 Select. Mostly highway miles. I live in NY and theyā€™ve had respectable all season performance too. Just swapped the old ones out for a new set.
I'm a touch over 36k on my originals as well and am starting to feel some grip loss. I need to probably get some new all-seasons before the snow/ice becomes a real factor in the Chicago area.

I'd love to go with a winter tire, but unless there's a good wheel/tire combo at a decent price, the economics are hard to work with.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
They're great. I also had Custom Alignment in Mtn View, CA do a nice performance street alignment at the same time. I also have that same model tire on my Shelby with 345's in the back!

https://www.customalignment.com/
Can you dead hook flooring it from a stop? I havenā€™t been able to do that since it was new.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Can you dead hook flooring it from a stop? I havenā€™t been able to do that since it was new.
It will still spin the tires a little, but it feels like it hooks up better than the stock tires.
Sponsored