GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
Do you think they ride a little better. I think the Michelins are harsh on bumps. Would like something a little smoother.
Now that you have edited your post...I have not noticed any difference in ride, still bumpy and a bit harsh on certain roads. That's all going to be the suspension/sway bars and such as has been discussed here to death.
Sponsored

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Now that you have edited your post...I have not noticed any difference in ride, still bumpy and a bit harsh on certain roads. That's all going to be the suspension/sway bars and such as has been discussed here to death.
Thanks. I was thinking maybe what MarkBoris said, about upsizing one and then running slightly less air pressure. Not critical yet, but I am up to 40 K, so will need to address this year probably.

geniroh82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME CR1
Country flag
Thanks. I was thinking maybe what MarkBoris said, about upsizing one and then running slightly less air pressure. Not critical yet, but I am up to 40 K, so will need to address this year probably.
in the process of evaluating options for my CR1 - 18 stock. thinking of moving from the 225 to 235 to improve the ride a bit.
between hankook evo or conti dws06+

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
These aren't tire suggestions but if you are looking for an EV SPECIFIC tire available here in the US, you might want to check out my list below. Brand and models listed with the tire category in italics. I listed both the 19" and 20" Mach-E OEM sizes plus one size up with each. The reason for listing one size up is there are usually more tire models available and running a larger size will give you a slightly meatier look, could possibly handle better and you can run them at a slightly lower tire pressure (37 psi) while still maintaining the proper load capacity which will give you a slightly better ride.

It is important knowing how to purchase an EV specific tire. Tire manufacturers custom develop some of their popular model tires specifically for EV vehicles so you have to be very careful when choosing a tire. For instance, Michelin makes the very popular Pilot Sport 4 summer performance tire and while this is not an EV tire, they do make one specifically for the Porsche Taycan that is EV tuned (I run these as my summer tires). Another example is Pirelli's P Zero All Season tires which are not EV tires but they do make one model specifically for the BMW i7 EV sedan which is EV tuned (I run these tires on my winter setup). The same goes for many other manufacturers. So when purchasing a specific tire, make sure you know the exact model of that tire you want. The Tire Rack is a really good place for finding and figuring out EV specific tires.

225/55/19 (Mach-E OEM 19")

Continental PremiumContact 6 NF0 Porsche Taycan Grand Touring Summer
Continental WinterContact TS 860 S NF0 Porsche Taycan Performance Winter/Snow
Goodyear Eagle Touring NF0 Porsche Taycan Grand Touring All-Season
Hankook Ventus S1 EV03 EV NF0 Porsche Taycan High Performance Summer
Hankook iON Evo AS SUV SUV Touring All-Season
Hankook iON i*cept Winter
Michelin Primacy A/S EV Passenger All-Season
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 NF0 Porsche Taycan Max Performance summer
Nokian Hakkapeliitta R5 EV Winter
Pirelli P Zero Winter NF0 Porsche Taycan Performance Winter/Snow

235/55/19 (19" one size up)

Bridgestone Alenza Sport A/S A0 + Audi SUV Touring All-Season
Dunlop Grandtrek PT21 EV SUV Touring All-Season
Hankook Kinergy AS X EV A0 + Audi SUV Touring All-Season
Hankook iON Evo SUV Ultra High Performance Summer
Hankook iON i*cept SUV Winter
Kumho Crugen HP71 + Volkswagen SUV Touring All-Season
Michelin Primacy A/S GOE Hyundai Passenger All-Season
Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season + Volkswagen Elect Sport Truck All-Season
Pirelli Scorpion M0 Mercedes ELECT Sport Truck Summer

245/45/20 (Mach-E OEM 20")

Bridgestone Turanza EV Grand Touring All-Season
Continental ProContact RX NF0 Porsche Taycan Grand Touring All-Season
Continental CrossContact RX EV SUV Touring All-Season (OEM Mach-E GT tire)
Goodyear Ultra Grip Performance Gen-1 NF0 Porsche Taycan Performance Winter
Goodyear Eagle Touring Grand Touring All-Season
Hankook iON Evo Ultra High Performance Summer
Hankook iON i*cept Winter
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 NF0 Porsche Taycan Max Performance Summer
Nokian Tires One All-Season
Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus ELECT Ultra High Performance All-Season
Pirelli P Zero (PX4) ELECT Max Performance Summer (OEM Mach-E GTPE tire)
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season NF0 Porsche Taycan Grand Touring All-Season
PIrelli Cinturato P7 Blue NF0 Porsche Taycan Ultra High Performance Summer
Pirelli P Zero Winter NF0 Porsche Taycan Performance Winter

255/45/20 (20" one size up)

Bridgestone Alenza Sport A/S A0 + Audi SUV Touring All-Season
Bridgestone Alenza Sport A/S B-Silent SUV Touring All-Season
Bridgestone Turanza 6 Star BMW Grand Touring Summer
Continental CrossContact RX ContiSilent SUV Touring All-Season
Goodyear Eagle Touring M0 Mercedes Grand Touring All-Season
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 SCT Max Performance Summer
Hankook iON Evo SUV Ultra High Performance Summer
Hankook iON i*cept SUV Winter
Kumho Crugen HP71 + Volkswagen SUV Touring All-Season
Michelin Latitude Sport 3 T0 Tesla Sport SUV/Truck Summer
Michelin Primacy Tour A/S GOE Hyundai Grand Touring All-Season
Nokian Tires One All-Season
Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus ELECT Ultra High Performance All-Season
Pirelli P Zero (PZ4) M0-S Mercedes Max Performance Summer
Pirelli P Zero All Season M0 Mercedes Ultra High Performance All-Season
Pirelli P Zero All Season Star BMW Ultra High Performance All-Season (tire I'm currently using)
Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season M0 Mercedes Sport SUV/Truck All-Season
Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season + Volkswagen Sport SUV/Truck All-Season
Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season A0 + Audi Sport SUV/Truck All-Season

The EV tires listed above are available in the US. There are more EV specific tires available outside the US or not available yet in the sizes we need for the Mach-E. For instance Michelin's Pilot Sport EV and Pirelli's P Zero E.

Speaking of Pirelli's new P Zero E, which I am very interested in trying out, they have just been released in Europe and Pirelli told me they should be here in the US sometime in Q2 2024. It is a newly designed EV tire with their new "RUNFORWARD" technology which is similar but different to their current run flat tires but made specifically for EV tires. It allows you to run up to 25 miles with 0 psi and is said to have a very smooth ride besides being extremely quiet. Pirelli told me their new P Zero E tires have the least rolling resistance of any EV tire they have made so far.

Pirelli is really into EV tire manufacturing and has more models of EV tires and more car manufacturers equip thier EV's with Pirelli EV tires than any other tire manufacturer. Also, regarding Pirelli EV tires, they do not need to have the wording ELECT on the sidewall to be EV specific. Pirelli's general, non vehicle specific EV tires have the wording ELECT on the sidewall while all of their vehicle specific OEM EV tires for Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Lucid, Polestar, Volvo, Rivian, Porsche, Volkswagen, Ford, Tesla, Mercedes, mostly do not have the wording ELECT on the sidewall.

There are quite a few really good all-season tires in the 245/45/20, 255/45/20 sizes that are NOT EV SPECIFIC the I would recommend. They are the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus, Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4, Michelin CrossClimate2, Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus, Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus and the quietest, smoothest riding tire of this bunch, the new Pirelli P7 AS Plus 3.
Hey Mark, this is terrific!

With all these different tires you've tested, which ones worked best to maximize range for you?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey Mark, this is terrific!

With all these different tires you've tested, which ones worked best to maximize range for you?
I've been asked this question several times and unfortunately for anyone concerned about range, that is one of two qualities of a tire I'm not (longevity is the other). I've never paid much attention to range while running different tires. In some cases I'd only have the tires on for a few months and might have been during winter or maybe a time I would rarely use the freeway so it's not like I could be fair in testing range anyway.
Sponsored