CIEB

First Name
Irene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, 2023 F150 Lightning
Country flag
I have a 2021 mustang Mach-E extended range premium RWD. It currently has factory Michelin tires 225/55R19 BSW all season. I will need to replace them by the end of summer early fall and I’m looking for recommendations on what tires to replace them with. I live in Canada so I’m looking for an all season tire I don’t want to have to put snows on, but we do get snow where I live. I find the current tires to not have grip when the roads are wet and the backend tends to walk out.
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I have a 2021 mustang Mach-E extended range premium RWD. It currently has factory Michelin tires 225/55R19 BSW all season. I will need to replace them by the end of summer early fall and I’m looking for recommendations on what tires to replace them with. I live in Canada so I’m looking for an all season tire I don’t want to have to put snows on, but we do get snow where I live. I find the current tires to not have grip when the roads are wet and the backend tends to walk out.
Highly recommended. I have them and love them!

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/hankook-ion-evo-as-suv-tires-now-available.26130/

Last edited:
OP
OP
CIEB

CIEB

First Name
Irene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP
CIEB

CIEB

First Name
Irene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

glenthompson

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT Star White
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don’t want to have to put snows on, but we do get snow where I live
Guelph averages 155cm snow per year. For me that would be more than enough to switch to winter tires. If you need to be able to get to work in the snow they are a huge help. A 2wd car with winter tires is usually better in snow than a 4wd with all season. Best route is a second set of wheels with the winter tires so switching is easy.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
these have great uphill traction 🤪

OP
OP
CIEB

CIEB

First Name
Irene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Guelph averages 155cm snow per year. For me that would be more than enough to switch to winter tires. If you need to be able to get to work in the snow they are a huge help. A 2wd car with winter tires is usually better in snow than a 4wd with all season. Best route is a second set of wheels with the winter tires so switching is easy.
Hello,
Thank you for your response. I am able to work from home if there is significant snowfall. If the weather is bad and we have to go out, we just take my husbands F150 Lightning. That’s why I was looking to replace with all seasons. If I didn’t have that option then absolutely I would need to look at having another set of snow tires. Thank you.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Hello,
Thank you for responding. I will definitely look into these tires.
Perhaps the new Hankooks will test out ok when Tire Rack gets them in a comparison test, however, until then, who really knows. I no longer buy tires until I see Tire Rack testing, especially the dry and wet braking numbers.

We’ve used the Continental ExtremeContact DWS-06 and 06+ on our 4X and they’ve been great. But, our driving style is biased to the sporty side and we get almost 0 snow in CenTX. That said, the DWS-06+ have been Tire Rack tested a few times and they have found them to be better than the competitors in light snow conditions. They’re also great at stopping in the wet.

glenthompson

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT Star White
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am able to work from home if there is significant snowfall
Makes sense. Since we’re now retired we don’t have to worry about getting around in our limited snow so won’t be buying winter tires anymore.

thenew3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, BMW X3, MME Premium 4X
Country flag
I’m surprised no one has mentioned the Michelin Cross Climate tires:

https://www.michelinman.com/auto/tires/michelin-crossclimate2
The cross climate don't come in the proper load rating for the Mach e. Folks who have had them also said they reduce range somewhat.

But they are an excellent all season tire that works well in snow.

I'm picking up a used 2021 MME Premium ER AWD in a month or so. It has 40k miles and the rear tires are completely worn. Front has maybe 3/32 or 4/32 left. I will be ordering a set of the Hankook from discount tire/americas tire.

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
Pirelli Scorpion All Season Plus 3. I love mine.

BTRYPWRDPONY

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE GTPE DMG
Country flag
Michelin Cross Climate 2
Love them all season winter rated.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/michelin-crossclimate2
Sponsored