GTPE depreciation

kkosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
expedition, focus rs
Country flag
What do you think a 2021 sold new now will depreciate in 6 months? Is it realistic to be worth $60k or more with average miles on it?
Sponsored

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
The market is hot right now but I don't think it will change much in six months. Just for kicks I checked with Vroom and my 15k mile premium is worth $52k. I am tempted to sell/ trade and get a GT

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium AWD
Country flag
The market is hot right now but I don't think it will change much in six months. Just for kicks I checked with Vroom and my 15k mile premium is worth $52k. I am tempted to sell/ trade and get a GT

Are you talking about getting a GT 5.0, or a Mach E GT?

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
What do you think a 2021 sold new now will depreciate in 6 months? Is it realistic to be worth $60k or more with average miles on it?
Current market trend is to appreciate rather than depreciate if the model is in demand and hard to come by, imagine that. So, a 6 month old GTPE will probably fetch >msrp until supply catches up.

6 months ago the auto industry analysts were saying this supply/demand upside down would be ending right about now. Now they’re saying it’s gonna last all of 2022 and into 2023, just moderating a bit.

Omicron says hello.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Current market trend is to appreciate rather than depreciate if the model is in demand and hard to come by, imagine that. So, a 6 month old GTPE will probably fetch >msrp until supply catches up.

6 months ago the auto industry analysts were saying this supply/demand upside down would be ending right about now. Now they’re saying it’s gonna last all of 2022 and into 2023, just moderating a bit.

Omicron says hello.
This is the first time in the history of the automobile you could buy a new car and not instantly lose thousands. This will be temporary.

Just today at least a few people posted they walked right up to a dealer and paid MSRP for a cancelled order.

In 6 months, this will be even more commonplace.

So if you can buy a new 2022 GTPE for MSRP (or possibly less) right away, plus get the $7500 credit……

A used 2021 should be worth thousands less at that point.

Lead times from order to delivery are also continuing to shrink.

Basically everything is going to be a downward pressure on used car prices from this point moving forward.

How fast will they go down? No one knows. But down seems pretty easy to predict. Back towards a normal market when used cars depreciate.

Green Machine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 250, 2022 GT 4, 2021 Mache GT, 2024 Z06
Occupation
Management
Country flag
If ford fixes the 5 second limit and the 50+ software bugs that the car is plagued with then it will definitely depreciate significantly less.
Ive had my GTPE for almost 2 months. I have not noticed any bugs or issues. Who cares about a 5 second rule? its a nice fast electric car. Rides nice, goes fast, cheap to drive and did not cost much. What is there to complain about? I am on the top of the 2023 Z06 list, that is a promised race car, and I expect performance. this is what it is, and does it pretty well, define your mission, and order the appropriate car for your mission.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Ive had my GTPE for almost 2 months. I have not noticed any bugs or issues. Who cares about a 5 second rule? its a nice fast electric car. Rides nice, goes fast, cheap to drive and did not cost much. What is there to complain about? I am on the top of the 2023 Z06 list, that is a promised race car, and I expect performance. this is what it is, and does it pretty well, define your mission, and order the appropriate car for your mission.
You might care if after buying the Z06 you found out they deactivate 4 cylinders when you hit 80 mph!

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I had been trying to get my Mach-E priced online, just out of curiosity. CarMax kept saying not enough data - thank you for the Vroom reference, I just tried them.

This is unbelievable, my sticker price (including destination) was $51,550. Vroom offered $52,861 for my AWD SR Premium - I have just under 5K miles. My total buying price last year, factoring in tax, license, title, registration, but also discounts from X-Plan and the Options rebate (but ignoring the one federal tax and two California credits) came out to $53,529.50. Including all of those government programs, real buying price was $42,529.50.

I love my Mach-E, but a double federal tax credit to jump into a GTPE...

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag

Omicron says hello.
I am not sure anyone really knows when the market will return to normal. Selfishly I hope it stays the way it is a little longer so I can get a great trade in value on my 2016 F150 towards my Lightning!

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I had been trying to get my Mach-E priced online, just out of curiosity. CarMax kept saying not enough data - thank you for the Vroom reference, I just tried them.

This is unbelievable, my sticker price (including destination) was $51,550. Vroom offered $52,861 for my AWD SR Premium - I have just under 5K miles. My total buying price last year, factoring in tax, license, title, registration, but also discounts from X-Plan and the Options rebate (but ignoring the one federal tax and two California credits) came out to $53,529.50. Including all of those government programs, real buying price was $42,529.50.

I love my Mach-E, but a double federal tax credit to jump into a GTPE...
Now try Driveway….