Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I could saw the Mach-E IRL… At last! Last week near Marseille, France.

And took some pictures… Hope these ones will add to the curiosity about the handles.

I like them. To my opinion: better than those on prototypes.
Thank you, finally some good images of the handles. I agree, I like them better than the prototype, but I still think they are a mistake.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Are those handles just held on with an adhesive pad? Should be easy to remove if you wanted?? Interesting.....
I think that's a rubber gasket, not double sided adhesive. I don't think they'd do that with a door handle; reports of them coming off in bad weather would be bad. My guess is a couple of bolts through the door, which is why the gasket is there

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My guess is a couple of bolts through the door, which is why the gasket is there
Mine too. Probably 1-2 screws from underneath the red-painted sheet metal from inside the door.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag

And took some pictures… Hope these ones will add to the curiosity about the handles.

IMG_5653.jpg

IMG_5654.jpg

IMG_5655D.jpg

IMG_5657.jpg
This style is less likely to rip your coat packet from hooking them like the earlier hook handles. Not sure how good of grip this style will have if they are a little wet or icy.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag

IMG_5653.jpg

IMG_5654.jpg

IMG_5655D.jpg

IMG_5657.jpg
Good luck trying to open frozen doors in Canada with that when there's icy rain!

Mach-Luan

First Name
Luan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition Rapid Red reservation
Country flag
Good luck trying to open frozen doors in Canada with that when there's icy rain!
Luckily I live in sunny Marseille! :)

But I do also travel in the cold north of France and in the Alps ?
Not so extreme as in Canada but quite icy and snowy.

And in that case, those handles won't be different from conventional ones and at least you don't have to touch them to open the doors.

And in case you don't wear gloves, you can use arm, elbow or foot to pull the doors… like when you have both hands busy with a packet. ;)

Besides, the rear door don't have any handles at all.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Depends on how strong the actuators are for the "presentation" phase; remember push button and door pops out. Are they strong enough to break through a frozen car?

Once popped out you don't have to use the handle, you can slide your fingers behind the door and pull (and it wont close on you because the "presenter" is holding it open).

Note that MI also has freezing weather; Canada doesn't have a corner on the market.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Depends on how strong the actuators are for the "presentation" phase; remember push button and door pops out. Are they strong enough to break through a frozen car?

Once popped out you don't have to use the handle, you can slide your fingers behind the door and pull (and it wont close on you because the "presenter" is holding it open).

Note that MI also has freezing weather; Canada doesn't have a corner on the market.
Seriously I don't think that the actuators will be strong enough for heavy ice. Ok it doesn't happens each week. Tesla needs to preheat about 30 minutes before leaving et they also have a few tricks. Follwing an update, the vents are now directed at door handles during the winter.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Seriously I don't think that the actuators will be strong enough for heavy ice. Ok it doesn't happens each week. Tesla needs to preheat about 30 minutes before leaving et they also have a few tricks. Follwing an update, the vents are now directed at door handles during the winter.
That is also where preconditioning comes in as well. Two pics here one of my Bolt encased in ice and the other after 15 minutes of preconditioning.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Handles!! Boltcicle1
Ford Mustang Mach-E Handles!! Boltcicle2

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

Thanks for those pictures. You officially win the internet and the MacheForum for the day. :)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"Icy Rain" What is that? Never heard of such a thing. Rain is warm!

Says the guy who lives in Hawaii.

/jesting off.

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nobody likes a warm wisea$$ who lives in paradise. :)
Minor serious deviation (and entirely off topic), we actually have snow plows in Hawaii. Atop Maunakea and Mauna Loa. It snows regularly there and occasionally on Haleakala on Maui. I live at the 4400 ft/1330 meter level on the west flank of Maunakea.

I will not, however, be taking my MME upon on Maunakea (13,800 feet) when there is freezing rain. That stuff is nasty.
Sponsored