Has anyone in the USA gotten a recall notice for 21S42 panoramic roof?

Mojuba

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reserved Mach E First Edition
Country flag
All in, I've had awful wind noise from a large gap and differential between my windshield and the panoramic roof. The dealer validated and notated wind noise, and I have a CAB case with Ford over. Still, my car doesn't appear to be included in the 17k vehicle recalls (Early manufactured vehicle purchased in Feb). I'm also not getting the efficiency I've seen others post in highway or local road driving, so I'm confident the drag is impacting my vehicle.

Is it safe to assume Ford hasn't gotten around to identifying the vehicles yet? Has anyone in the USA received a recall notice for this?
Sponsored

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
All vehicles are impacted, not sure why you said February vehicles would (it is from Feb 2020)

Tim_C

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE GB
Country flag

ShadowCVL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMC Sierra, MME Premium
Occupation
IT and Electronics
Country flag
Late October/early November will be when the notice comes.

OP
OP

Mojuba

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the Verge article and the replies. I hadn't seen the late Oct Date. The community here is excellent.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
All vehicles are impacted, not sure why you said February vehicles would (it is from Feb 2020)
I'm wondering if the feb 2020 date is a typo. As only 17k vehicles affected

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Nope, but I did get 68 new notifications the other day lol This app drives me bonkers.

mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang v6, 2021 Mustang MachE Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
My Ford Pass just gave me recall notifications for 21S42 and 21C22 for the roof reseal and the windshield reseal.
As did mine. Mine was built in late July though. I thought the recalls were just for earlier built?

OP
OP

Mojuba

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got my in-app recall and called my service center. They said it was just a notification, but parts weren't going to be shipped to the dealers body shops until CY 22.

That seems odd to me.

Last edited:

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Got my in-app recall and called my service center. They said it was just a notification, but parts weren't going to be shipped to the dealers body shops until FY 22.

That seems odd to me.
CY 22 maybe? We are in FY22 right now! Oct is always a busy time at work with the start of the new FY ?

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Haha, but yes that is odd. Maybe they are trying to set expectations and just threw out 2022. Then again, with supply chain issues and part shortages, you never know...

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
All in, I've had awful wind noise from a large gap and differential between my windshield and the panoramic roof. The dealer validated and notated wind noise, and I have a CAB case with Ford over. Still, my car doesn't appear to be included in the 17k vehicle recalls (Early manufactured vehicle purchased in Feb). I'm also not getting the efficiency I've seen others post in highway or local road driving, so I'm confident the drag is impacting my vehicle.

Is it safe to assume Ford hasn't gotten around to identifying the vehicles yet? Has anyone in the USA received a recall notice for this?
There is a TSB for the wind noise that is separate from the recalls. Your dealer should fix it under warranty:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...d-noise-built-on-or-before-15-feb-2021.10791/
Sponsored