Have you been Coal Rolled?

Have you been “Coal Rolled” while driving your MMe?

• Total voters

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I read that getting coal rolled will prevent you from receiving OTAs. Once the diesel smoke clears from the computer, you'll start getting them again. o_O
Sponsored

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
New poll. How many of you have rolled E on a diesel truck?
I do this every time I see an ICE vehicle. I spew excess electrons all over them!

OP
OP

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CRT1 AWD (Ordered), 21 MME SR Select
Country flag
So, you say first day with the MME and your profile lists a 22 California AWD, is this what you were driving? ?
Need to update! Got my 21 Select RWD SR in to hold me over while I wait for the CRT1!

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Need to update! Got my 21 Select RWD SR in to hold me over while I wait for the CRT1!
Sweet, I also have an AWD 22 California Route 1 coming!

OP
OP

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sweet, I also have an AWD 22 California Route 1 coming!
Awesome! Yeah I’m really excited for the CA RT 1. I think they made a good move adding the AWD, heated seats and steering wheel, and keeping the range up there.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Awesome! Yeah I’m really excited for the CA RT 1. I think they made a good move adding the AWD, heated seats and steering wheel, and keeping the range up there.
Same here and not to mention roughly $2300 cheaper than the AWD ER Premium!

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Just to get this straight:
coal rollers modify(illegal per EPA) an anti-environment, heavy polluting diesel engine in order to pollute more [SMOKERS]
sometimes a slight increase in performance is achieved
the modification ultimately destroys the engine and does so relatively quickly
WOW
in the smoke they are blowing out their self respect and any sense of decency, had they any of the two originally
amazing what non educated, non working, spoiled rich kids dream up (idle minds?)
but then I do/did not understand the burn rubber mentality (tires cost money, the more you burn rubber the more money you burn)
my stupid old school mentality: (had to)work, save, invest; install solar, be able to buy an EV or two, contribute to the greater good (them included)
what am/was I thinking?
pioneers allied
enjoy the ride
with pride

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Just to get this straight:
coal rollers modify(illegal per EPA) an anti-environment, heavy polluting diesel engine in order to pollute more [SMOKERS]
sometimes a slight increase in performance is achieved
the modification ultimately destroys the engine and does so relatively quickly
WOW
in the smoke they are blowing out their self respect and any sense of decency, had they any of the two originally
amazing what non educated, non working, spoiled rich kids dream up (idle minds?)
but then I do/did not understand the burn rubber mentality (tires cost money, the more you burn rubber the more money you burn)
my stupid old school mentality: (had to)work, save, invest; install solar, be able to buy an EV or two, contribute to the greater good (them included)
what am/was I thinking?
pioneers allied
enjoy the ride
with pride

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Got rolled only once. Wife was with me and had to explain to her why. She just rolled her eyes at the whole situation. I believe it does not happen more as some of those "coal rollers" are confused about the MME and don't realize it's electric. I'm sure they don't subscribe to insideevs.com

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Y'all act like it tarnished your paint job. Who cares! Blow them a kiss and move on. I live in the country and they do this to everyone. Don't feel so special ?

By this logic I must have been "catalytic convertered" by all the ICE mustangs trying to race me. ?
Yup.

Not sure why people are taking this personally. It isn’t about you or even what you drive. They just like driving like jack holes.

Why did they do it? Because you were THERE.

And the OP wasn’t even coal rolled. He said they were going the OPPOSITE direction. I hope he answered “no” to the poll. ?

OP
OP

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup.

Not sure why people are taking this personally. It isn’t about you or even what you drive. They just like driving like jack holes.

Why did they do it? Because you were THERE.

And the OP wasn’t even coal rolled. He said they were going the OPPOSITE direction. I hope he answered “no” to the poll. ?
It was a four way intersection with us both going straight crossing the intersection at the same time. I’ll go check Webster’s dictionary to make sure it fits the definition. The intent was definitely there :)

OP
OP

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A driving oxy moron. Hope this Tesla is modded to coal roll and does so at every chance.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Personally I find coal rolling to be hilarious. It is a giant middle finger to everyone who supports imposing their vision of utopia on others. But to be clear, I have never done it and would never do it myself. And it has not happened to me - yet. I think I would just zoom around them if they tried it on me.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
Personally I find coal rolling to be hilarious. It is a giant middle finger to everyone who supports imposing their vision of utopia on others. But to be clear, I have never done it and would never do it myself. And it has not happened to me - yet. I think I would just zoom around them if they tried it on me.
That's what the "go" pedal is for.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
OK so who is going to be the first to install one of those LED ricer pipes on their MME and “Light Up” some poor ICE vehicle? ??
Sponsored