Headlight died and Ford cannot replace!!!!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
OP
OP

BrooklynCPA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mache California Route 1
Tried@Ford Motor Company twice. They were no help. Just told me to go back to dealer!!!

JRuggiero

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
thereā€™s lots full of Mach eā€™s that canā€™t be sold until the recall is resolved. Ask them to pull one off an inventory car and replace it when the ordered one comes in.

Richard L.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
This isn't how you use the NHTSA. His headlight is out and needs to be replaced...
When you canā€™t get a replacement part that affects vehicle safety, I would make it their business.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Mind boggling that people with brains (supposedly) at the dealership would just throw their hands up and say ā€œwelp, nothing we can do about itā€ and then do absolutely nothing.

OP
OP

BrooklynCPA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mache California Route 1
I will go back to the dealership in person and try to get them to do something!!!

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
From what I know, the Bulbs are not serviceable. If a bulb goes out the whole headlight assembly has to be swapped (Ram is the same way). If buying Premium Care be sure to get the Bulb Coverage. I looked it up and unfortunately they are backordered......

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
@ MylittlePony: Thank you for your response.

Does anyone have a contact or department at Ford that can advocate for me or can help with a resolution. I posted my issue on Twitter and their response was that there is already a case and I need to to to work with the dealer!!!!
A few general choices.

1. Use the phone number in FordPass and open a ticket with them. That will help move thing along a bit.
2. Contact the customer experience officers/executives at Ford headquarters. their email address can be found at:
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/ford/
3. @Ford Motor Company on these forums may be able to help.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
thereā€™s lots full of Mach eā€™s that canā€™t be sold until the recall is resolved. Ask them to pull one off an inventory car and replace it when the ordered one comes in.
Too late!

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I will go back to the dealership in person and try to get them to do something!!!
Not that it is your job but do you have any other Ford dealers in your general area that you can call and check on the part?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Tried@Ford Motor Company twice. They were no help. Just told me to go back to dealer!!!
Unfortunately thatā€™s about all you can do as well.

You need a part that isnā€™t available.

Other than waiting until it comes available, what can you do?

Only ā€œfixā€ would be to request a loaner so you can drive at night (assuming that you need to).

This does remind me of a game we used to play in the 80s. Every time we saw a car with a headlight out, we would yell ā€œPadiddle!ā€ No clue why, but it was fun. And youā€™d see cars with a lamp out pretty often. Game would be boring now!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padiddle

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
From what I know, the Bulbs are not serviceable. If a bulb goes out the whole headlight assembly has to be swapped (Ram is the same way). If buying Premium Care be sure to get the Bulb Coverage. I looked it up and unfortunately they are backordered......
Ya, seriously considering swapping mine out for one that includes that coverage...

Kingbudd

First Name
Budd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 Mistubishi 3000gt VR4
Country flag
You have a few options, file through dealership as a Lemon Law buyback, which will take a few months of back and forth with Ford, dealership, and lawyer. This is a safety issue which according to all 50 state Lemon Law criteria fits the buyback law. The issue next is the amount of time at the dealership or waiting repair, that varies by State. So you would need to confirm with attorney based on initial repair date with dealership.

Other option if you want it fixed now, work with your dealership and see if they will repair with a used headlight and module. There are a few on eBay, not sure if they will work with you on this, but itā€™s a better alternative then the Ford being forced to buyback as a Lemon Law.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255430945437?hash=item3b78deea9d:g:HE8AAOSw8KRiK8U7

Z-one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mache GTPE
Country flag
On a separate note this is making the additional addon for lights attractive if you end up doing an extended warranty. I think it was $100 or less as I don't think the normal extended warranty covers lights?
Sponsored