MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
I've been putting together a trouble shooting guide for 12V battery issues and car stopping/not starting problems. I've added in the "hold power button for 1 minute" idea as a possible trick to try to fix the problem. Would be nice if another forum member could replicate that solution to verify it works. Not that I'm hoping somebody's car stops working or anything..
good summary doc right there. I hope I don't regret not stopping right now to print this out and put it in my records

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My Mach E cal route 1 just died on the road while driving on the surface road at around 20 miles/hour. It refused to do anything for 15-20 minutes.
What type(s) of warning(s) did you get? Did you get the STOP SAFELY NOW message at any point during your situation? If you did, I strongly recommend you take it to the dealership for a software reset/update, as there are a few software quirks that can leave you completely stranded. This happened to me about a month ago on a road trip; fortunately, the local Ford dealership was able to update the software and the car was up and running again.

Reactions: RLW
OP
OP

varuna90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
What type(s) of warning(s) did you get? Did you get the STOP SAFELY NOW message at any point during your situation? If you did, I strongly recommend you take it to the dealership for a software reset/update, as there are a few software quirks that can leave you completely stranded. This happened to me about a month ago on a road trip; fortunately, the local Ford dealership was able to update the software and the car was up and running again.
There were several warnings. However - the car is runnning fine now. I drove around 100 miles after this and it seems all normal. I will likely take it to the dealer tomorrow or day after

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
My Mach E cal route 1 just died on the road while driving on the surface road at around 20 miles/hour. It refused to do anything for 15-20 minutes.

I called Ford road side and that is absurd. No response for almost 2 hrs.

Then somehow being an IT Windows guy, I tried to do a hard reboot (Pressed power button for 1 minute) and suddenly power is back and it starts to work again.

My service guy is saying to try for 1-2 days and then come to them and they will see if they can find something.

Anyone has any idea what could be wrong and is it safe to drive for couple of days?
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to see how I can assist you on my end.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
There were several warnings. However - the car is runnning fine now. I drove around 100 miles after this and it seems all normal. I will likely take it to the dealer tomorrow or day after
If you get a friendly service advisor, ask if they can take a few minutes to connect their scanner and pull the codes. They should see an awful lot of orange and red boxes. Clear the codes and then run a full self check. All those boxes should come back green. If not, then perhaps there is a SSM or TSB available for that issue. It will depend on which module(s) fail to clear.

If you are lucky, then everything will be green and you can be on your way. ?

machme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GT
Country flag
I've been putting together a trouble shooting guide for 12V battery issues and car stopping/not starting problems. I've added in the "hold power button for 1 minute" idea as a possible trick to try to fix the problem. Would be nice if another forum member could replicate that solution to verify it works. Not that I'm hoping somebody's car stops working or anything..
Good write up!
Sponsored