Car completely died on me about an hour ago.

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I just had to vent. I got in My Mach E to go to work and upon turning it on I got all types of error codes and on the screen it said some about shutting off to save battery with like a loading bar. Sat in the car about 20 minutes then left to go back in my apartment, came back and the car is completely dead and won't unlock 😢😭now I had to do a short notice call out of work and figure out what the hell im goin to do next.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Uh oh, either dead battery or HVBJB?

Did it say “powertrain malfunction” or anything?

I would grab a pair of jumper cables and try jump starting it off another running vehicle.

OP
OP

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
It threw every code imaginable then the brake pad locked up on me, I just sat there for 20 minutes hoping it would fix itself then I left and when I came back car is completely locked and I can't get in.

OP
OP

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Haven't driven since before 1pm and it was fine except the usual drive mode unavailable that everyone gets. Car is on 54%

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Hopefully it's as simple as a dead 12v battery, and jumping it in the morning gets it moving.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Which model year and version of the car?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
FYI I can't see anything from tonight to definitively determine what happened, but I do see you had some extremely low tires pressures of 28 psi earlier today. I can't say for certain, but I've seen evidence that a low tire pressure warning can drain the 12V battery. So I'm going to operate on a hunch and guess that your low tire warning drained the 12V battery while parked. After you jump start the car, make sure you fill up the tires before parking it again.

Your left parking brake motor also has an open circuit fault, I know you had trouble with that before. I see you've had that issue since August at least. Nothing new with that, but should get fixed. Right now I think you only have a working parking brake on the right side.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Definitely sounds like your 12V is dead and charging it will get it going again and avoid a tow. You should bring it in and have the dealer look at it as it may be a HVJB contact sticking open that is causing the 12V to die. Or having low tire pressure causes the 12V to die 🤷‍♂️ that's a new one for me. May be possible but does it sound ridiculous to anyone else that the car would sit there and drain its 12V due to tire pressure?

OP
OP

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
FYI I can't see anything from tonight to definitively determine what happened, but I do see you had some extremely low tires pressures of 28 psi earlier today. I can't say for certain, but I've seen evidence that a low tire pressure warning can drain the 12V battery. So I'm going to operate on a hunch and guess that your low tire warning drained the 12V battery while parked. After you jump start the car, make sure you fill up the tires before parking it again.

Your left parking brake motor also has an open circuit fault, I know you had trouble with that before. I see you've had that issue since August at least. Nothing new with that, but should get fixed. Right now I think you only have a working parking brake on the right side.
Yeah I took the car to Ford for the parking brake and they said they would call back in two days when the parts came in and they never did,the parking break is actually on recall and left me stuck for about 4 hours last December. And I was going to fill the tires last night smh,the weather here has been up and down so its been cold to warm so I put off doing it for a while.