Car completely died on me about an hour ago.

Adox11

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD; 2023 Mach E CR-1
Country flag
Attached is the service bulletin that my dealer did in Jan 2023 after my 12v died. I had been driving this car daily since april 2021 before it became an issue. We had an extended cold snap I had the car plugged in at home and at work for a week or so before the 12 volt battery died.
Should note that the "high voltage charging process" referred to in the service bulletin attached means 120vac or higher. Even applies if car is not charging and is only plugged in for battery maintenance. ie you have max charge level set to 50% and SOC is 60% and you only plugged it in because it is cold out.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Attached is the service bulletin that my dealer did in Jan 2023 after my 12v died. I had been driving this car daily since april 2021 before it became an issue. We had an extended cold snap I had the car plugged in at home and at work for a week or so before the 12 volt battery died.
They should have also updated the BCM which monitors the 12V battery.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's the 25 March 2021 fix and is going way back for a fix. Bit weird it took so long on yours. Got that one done when it came out but my contacts were sticking open and the 12V kept dying when real cold even after. Charging it brought it back to life but it would do it again. HVBJB replacement fixed it here.
Sponsored