Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
Looking at the forums or browsing at the Search-box, I can't find anything about the headlights.

I have ordered the basic version, so not the one with the three 'Mustang'-stripes. The most important question for me, what are the differences between the two?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The standard MME has LED reflector headlights. The LED bulb(s) reflect off of mirrored surfaces to cast light out towards the roadway.

The AWD uses LED projector headlights. The LED has an attached lens that focuses and projects the light outwards.

I don't have first hand experience with either one. (My current car doesn't have LED headlights.)

From what I have read online, some consider the projector LED to be better because the light beam is more focused and has sharper cut offs compared to reflector beam headlights, which allows it to be better aimed onto the upcoming roadway and less likely to blind oncoming drivers.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The standard MME has LED reflector headlights. The LED bulb(s) reflect off of mirrored surfaces to cast light out towards the roadway.

The AWD uses LED projector headlights. The LED has an attached lens that focuses and projects the light outwards.

I don't have first hand experience with either one. (My current car doesn't have LED headlights.)

From what I have read online, some consider the projector LED to be better because the light beam is more focused and has sharper cut offs compared to reflector beam headlights, which allows it to be better aimed onto the upcoming roadway and less likely to blind oncoming drivers.
You can find the detailed differences at:
https://www.ford.nl/alle-modellen/mustang-mach-e

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag

My Clarity has LED projector headlights, they do have a very focused beam with sharp cutoffs, very bright and very white. My Subaru had halogen projector lights, they were very focused as well. It's basically the same technology as a movie projector

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think you mean Premium trim and not AWD. At least for the USA.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag

Don't the projectors also have the feature that when you turn the wheel the lights sorta follow?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
May have been discussed elsewhere, but are the headlights automatic?
There's a knob at the driver's left knee like the one shown in this video. This lets you set automatic headlights (or manual).

All the MMEs also have automatic high beams.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Headlights light controls

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Don't the projectors also have the feature that when you turn the wheel the lights sorta follow?
Only in the EU. I'm a little jealous.

Of course, @trutolife27's engineer friend in Cuautitlan said that system was giving them fits, so be glad we aren't waiting for it!

OP
OP
Luffie

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
Thanks all.

Do the reflector led’s have the feature to low down its intensity when oncoming cars appear?

Do they have additional features?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Only in the EU. I'm a little jealous.

Of course, @trutolife27's engineer friend in Cuautitlan said that system was giving them fits, so be glad we aren't waiting for it!
I think Europe requires the possibility of horizontal adjustment, while not required in North America? This doesn't mean that the headlights follow steering.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks all.

Do the reflector led’s have the feature to low down its intensity when oncoming cars appear?

Do they have additional features?
For Europe, I'm not sure. I checked the European tech specs and the Compare Specs on the ford.nl Mach-E page, but they do not say. So they might not have auto-dimming or "auto high beam" as we typically call it.

In the U.S. and Canada, all models of Mach-E include auto high beam. Here's the English description for U.S. market.:

https://www.ford.com/technology/driver-assist-technology/auto-high-beam-headlights/

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I think Europe requires the possibility of horizontal adjustment, while not required in North America? This doesn't mean that the headlights follow steering.
Horizontal adjusters for the export lamps they were having a problem with yes. It has been fixed now and no longer a problem. Led headlights also help with less of a drain on the battery.
Sponsored