Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
You just saved me a trip to the dealership. My screen went blank just that afternoon. I'm glad I remembered to check here.
I have had my 2022 premium screen freeze for a minute and then go black for another minute and then come back ok. I had a camera connected to the usb port. The camera experienced a usb Power down at the end of this blackout which makes me believe there is a watch dog in the system that was triggered to reset everything and reboot. My opinion, this is a software problem caused by an un identified bug. This has happened 3 times in 9 months. Most recently I have had the screen go black immediately after starting. Turning it off and back on fixed it. Good news is these problems do not affect driving and cruise control.
Sponsored

michellea311

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Updated: SOLVED!

Solution: The Sync4 reset is to hold the volume rocker in the volumne down position and the right arrow key together for 10 seconds (both on the right side of the steering wheel). This resets the 15.5' touchscreen and in my case solved the issue! The screen came right back on and has worked since!

Original post

I have tried searching the forum and I can't find anything, but have any new owners had any issues with the touch screen going completely black and becoming unresponsive?

I have a loaner car for the day and when playing around with various settings the screen froze and went co
Updated: SOLVED!

Solution: The Sync4 reset is to hold the volume rocker in the volumne down position and the right arrow key together for 10 seconds (both on the right side of the steering wheel). This resets the 15.5' touchscreen and in my case solved the issue! The screen came right back on and has worked since!

Original post

I have tried searching the forum and I can't find anything, but have any new owners had any issues with the touch screen going completely black and becoming unresponsive?

I have a loaner car for the day and when playing around with various settings the screen froze and went completely black! Nothing I do will get it to turn back on.

The strangest thing though is that when I put the car in reverse the backup cam comes on the screen just like normal. When I go to then switch gears to drive or some other gear it goes back to black.

Has anybody else had this issue? Any Ford engineers on here that can tell me how to reset the screen??

[SOLVED!}
The Sync4 reset is to hold the volume rocker in the volumne down position and the right arrow key together for 10 seconds (both on the right side of the steering wheel). This resets the 15.5' touchscreen and in my case solved the issue! The screen came right back on and has worked since!
mpletely black! Nothing I do will get it to turn back on.

The strangest thing though is that when I put the car in reverse the backup cam comes on the screen just like normal. When I go to then switch gears to drive or some other gear it goes back to black.

Has anybody else had this issue? Any Ford engineers on here that can tell me how to reset the screen??

[SOLVED!}
The Sync4 reset is to hold the volume rocker in the volumne down position and the right arrow key together for 10 seconds (both on the right side of the steering wheel). This resets the 15.5' touchscreen and in my case solved the issue! The screen came right back on and has worked since!
Thank you for this.

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
So now my screen has to reset every morning, good for most of day but every morning it is blank. Anyone else seeing this with all the updates pushed.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So now my screen has to reset every morning, good for most of day but every morning it is blank. Anyone else seeing this with all the updates pushed.
I've observed the blank screen a couple of times, and a locked up, frozen screen image a couple of times, during the last two or three weeks. Each time I recovered it by resetting via volume down and next track.

My car's not fully up to date though. It's at Power-Up 4.1.1 plus a few updates performed at a dealer on March 24.

EssJayKay

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
This happened to me today. I was able to reboot it, but that is pretty bad, since many controls are screen only, like climate.
Sponsored