Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
So here is the highest mi/kWh I've seen so far (no 99.9 doesn't count). What's the best you've seen and can you beat me?
You're a CPA ... you know how to fudge numbers better than I will ever!

Do that same test for 10 miles on I5 at the speed limit of 65 while going UP the grapevine and get back to me. I think we need a control here.
Sponsored

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
The people getting more than 3.5 miles/KWh, what trim are you folks driving? AWD? Extended range battery?
My average is 2.6, and the record of 6.2 was a one-time efficiency record (or another FordPass bug, flipping the digits) set in a city driving on a sunny day with 55F temperature in an already warm car.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Highest efficiency you've seen Screenshot_20211214-143009_FordPass

1PD unbridled, AWD, standard range. But silver with light interior :p

Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
The people getting more than 3.5 miles/KWh, what trim are you folks driving? AWD? Extended range battery?
I have an AWD standard battery. I have been driving hybrids for 16 years before the MME and still practice good brake techniques but I don’t hypermile my MME at all and still get good range. I do usually turn off the heat after dropping my last kid off at school though. ?

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
3.7 overall, but less than 6,000 miles total in eight months. (local, everyday usage, longest trip 60miles round trip)
No single trip data to report. (apologize, lazy on my part)
Premium, AWD, ER.
Expect that to change this winter, but still charging to 298+ even with teens and single digit temps. (no heater, only AC/cool in summer, always)
Not enough cold weather to date. Still producing more solar energy than usage (> 20kWh/day[10.695 kWh array], unusual for this time of year here).

Last edited:

jeffMachE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, XC60, RR Prem Ex4 (rcvd 11/21)
Country flag
low 3's on my 80 mile roundtrip to the office and back. I drop 3,000 ft from home to my office and get ~6 on that leg, but more like 2.4 on the way home.

I charge to 90% and complete the first 12 miles (downhill) will more energy than I leave with. It drops quickly after that, however.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I did not take a picture of it but last night when I was driving to get food I saw 8.1 and it sat a while. It freaked me out a little seeing it sit 7 plus for a few miles as i live in a pretty flat area.
Mind you I did get the car all warmed up from my wife driving it home and it was 68-70 degrees out so it is not like my car had to much.
I wish I took a picture of it.

Trip did end around the 4 m/kwh

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
My average is 2.6, and the record of 6.2 was a one-time efficiency record (or another FordPass bug, flipping the digits) set in a city driving on a sunny day with 55F temperature in an already warm car.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Highest efficiency you've seen Screenshot_20211214-143009_FordPass

1PD unbridled, AWD, standard range. But silver with light interior :p
Is this the EV driving data? How did you get it to work? Mine never works.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Is this the EV driving data? How did you get it to work? Mine never works.
Yes, it's from "Vehicle -> Driving Data -> Journeys -> My EV driving data"

I don't remember doing anything special for it to work, I remember enabling Journeys in my first couple of days, and then disabling them shortly after, but I think that driving data always was there.

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
Yes, it's from "Vehicle -> Driving Data -> Journeys -> My EV driving data"

I don't remember doing anything special for it to work, I remember enabling Journeys in my first couple of days, and then disabling them shortly after, but I think that driving data always was there.
It must be because yours is a newer build. Probably will be an OTA update later I guess. That option never worked for me. Assuming "delivered" in your signature is 2021 not 2012 lol

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I have a new low from my commute home. It’s crappy because a fool cut me off and slammed on his brakes, causing me to panic stop. I am usually in the low to mid 3 mi/KWh range, but this joker left me at an average of 2.1 mi/KWh for my trip home. ??‍♂?

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I have a new low from my commute home. It’s crappy because a fool cut me off and slammed on his brakes, causing me to panic stop. I am usually in the low to mid 3 mi/KWh range, but this joker left me at an average of 2.1 mi/KWh for my trip home. ??‍♂?
Did you catch him? ;)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Here is my best round trip (actually two days of commuting). The crazy thing is that I was testing wide open throttle acceleration to see how LOW I could get it and it ended up my best trip ever. Too bad my tires and potential driving record won’t let me drive like that all the time!

I started a thread on this that didn’t get much traction. I found the same as you though. https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mi-kw-calculation-is-backwards.12043/

Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
I am interested in trying the WOT testing again next summer. When I did mine, I was flooring it at every possible chance (and I commute early AM so I have lots of chances) until I got to the speed limit and from there was driving normally. I’m curious to put it on the charger afterwards and see how much juice it takes.

I think there is a good chance the calculation is wrong. Driving WOT in my Mariner Hybrid sometimes would show infinite (9999mpg) on my scan gauge. However, having a warm battery and spending less time accelerating might really improve mileage. I wish the MME had real time efficiency!
Sponsored