Home charging: MME throws a fault and gives the "Service Vehicle Soon" message

DBC

First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
With time day charging enabled, after charging is completed, if a door (not sure if it matters which one) is opened BEFORE the EVSE is unplugged the MME throws a fault and the "Service Vehicle Soon" message appears. As soon as the door is opened you can hear the "thunk" as the EVSE is connected. Maybe opening the door causes the MME to visit the charging status? (Noticed this behavior with other BEVs sans the fault). If the EVSE is unplugged and then the door is opened the car doesn't throw a fault.

Not a huge deal since no real harm done and the message disappears the next time the MME is started, but definitely annoying. Has anyone else encountered this?

Advertisement

WhiteFang

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
My wife and I have also noticed this same issue, both with home charging and with DC fast charging. It also sends us an error in the Fordpass app. Same for us: it's not a big deal since turning the car off and on clears the fault, and we'd rather not have the car taken away from us to figure it out at the dealer. Curious to hear if others are having the same issue, or if it's just limited to these two cases.

With time day charging enabled, after charging is completed, if a door (not sure if it matters which one) is opened BEFORE the EVSE is unplugged the MME throws a fault and the "Service Vehicle Soon" message appears. As soon as the door is opened you can hear the "thunk" as the EVSE is connected. Maybe opening the door causes the MME to visit the charging status? (Noticed this behavior with other BEVs sans the fault). If the EVSE is unplugged and then the door is opened the car doesn't throw a fault.

Not a huge deal since no real harm done and the message disappears the next time the MME is started, but definitely annoying. Has anyone else encountered this?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Fusion Energi, 2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag

I didn't put 2+2 together with the door thing but that would explain why I've seen this myself - I sat in the car for all three DCFC and all three had this behavior (cf. https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/hey-i-have-a-car.4919/post-155712).

so, no, you're not alone!

OP

DBC

First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
I didn't put 2+2 together with the door thing but that would explain why I've seen this myself - I sat in the car for all three DCFC and all three had this behavior (cf. https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/hey-i-have-a-car.4919/post-155712).

so, no, you're not alone!
When I unplugged the power line adapters all faults on charging disappeared. I had an adapter on the inside wall, on the other side of which was the garage. I'm thinking opening the door is a trigger but not a cause?

machefan

Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Wranger 17'
Occupation
IT
Country flag
When I unplugged the power line adapters all faults on charging disappeared. I had an adapter on the inside wall, on the other side of which was the garage. I'm thinking opening the door is a trigger but not a cause?
Power line adapters anywhere in the house are an issue for the MME.

The trigger can be a few things but all revolves around the same thing.

interference

Ford is aware and working on it.

Advertisement

Advertisement