kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
My grabber blue MMe is like dating a super hot girl that’s annoying AF.

I love the way it looks and appreciate its range, but when meeting my “Ford” friend who has owned a Boss 302 for decades, I had to tell him, “No, first you have to open the rear door then you push the button on the front door and it will open.” Jeez
So what I have noticed is that if you try to open any door other than the driver's door first, you actually have to push the button twice. It's very possible that what you are doing by opening the trunk is the first push and then the actual door is the second push.

This happens if the car is locked and you don't open the drivers door first
Sponsored

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
Hah! I was about to marry one and she smartened up.
I was married to one till I smarted Up.
Thats why Im getting the Mach e......requires much less maintenance then she did !

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I was married to one till I smarted Up.
Thats why Im getting the Mach e......requires much less maintenance then she did !
TBH she was hot and not at all annoying. I did date another hot chick who was super-annoying. I have run 10K RPM motors that needed less maintenance than the second one.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
So what I have noticed is that if you try to open any door other than the driver's door first, you actually have to push the button twice. It's very possible that what you are doing by opening the trunk is the first push and then the actual door is the second push.

This happens if the car is locked and you don't open the drivers door first
The drivers door is where the problem is for many of us.

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Why? There’s already a “pull” there for the rear door!
I actually wonder why they even bothered to put a handle on the front. To me it would look more streamlined to have no handles at all. Like it's not any easier to open the door using the handle rather than using the inside of the door.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I actually wonder why they even bothered to put a handle on the front. To me it would look more streamlined to have no handles at all. Like it's not any easier to open the door using the handle rather than using the inside of the door.
I thought the same, but the little wing does make it just a little easier to pull open than moving your hand down to grip the door. It’s a small difference - about as small as the wing.

iankellogg

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES 300h, Red Mach E XR AWD
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I was able to 'fix' this issue for me by doing a full reset of the car. Pull the negative battery terminal off for a minute and put it back.

Reactions: JSW
OP
OP
JSW

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I was able to 'fix' this issue for me by doing a full reset of the car. Pull the negative battery terminal off for a minute and put it back.
Interesting. I had the 12v problem as well, so I’m almost am expert now when it comes to pulling off the frunk trim panels.

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
Interesting. I had the 12v problem as well, so I’m almost am expert now when it comes to pulling off the frunk trim panels.
Weak 12V batteries can cause all sorts of electrical gremlins because every electrical module has different sensitivities to different voltages which can trip up one working module when another isn't talking back. The 12V battery is also going to be the lowest SOC right before you get in and turn it on. I would get it tested and see if it needs replaced as key-off battery drain kills 12V batteries pretty quick.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Ugh. Ok, this is great information. But I’d rather wait a week for the dealership than go tearing off frunk panels. I will mention to them, however, the possible fix. But I suspect that updating the software (there is at least one big update I don’t have) will serve the same function. And then I’ll be able to play tic tac toe on the screen. #importantenhancements.

iankellogg

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES 300h, Red Mach E XR AWD
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Ugh. Ok, this is great information. But I’d rather wait a week for the dealership than go tearing off frunk panels. I will mention to them, however, the possible fix. But I suspect that updating the software (there is at least one big update I don’t have) will serve the same function. And then I’ll be able to play tic tac toe on the screen. #importantenhancements.
You only need to take off the top panel above the frunk. Actually really easy to do.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
The on screen tic tac toe is the kind of update I've been waiting for!!! /s

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
You only need to take off the top panel above the frunk. Actually really easy to do.

Speaking of the frunk....
I was contemplating pulling all the pins out that secures it and replacing them with heavy duty Velcro.
Has anyone done that yet ?
Would make it easily removable and the heavy duty Velcro will hold up to 100 pounds

Mach 5e

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Self
Country flag
It is a growing problem among owners - the doors stop responding unless/until a particular door is opened first. My Doors worked fine for 3 months and then, B A M, out of no where I began to experience this known issue.

The problem is, after getting it “fixed,” with a known software “patch,” some forum members had their MMe rendered inoperable, while others have reported the problem continues to recur post-fix. This is why I’m hesitant to get a fix that is possibly temporary and carries with it a remote risk having my MMe rendered inoperable.

While annoying, at least it still runs…
Same annoying door issue even after 10,000 miles. Cool design and buttons that work when they damn well please. Never know how. many pushes or to open the from to open the back (all doors unlock IS ON) Just a very buggy OS.

FORD fix the software or get new programmers. enough already

Mach 5e

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Self
Country flag
The on screen tic tac toe is the kind of update I've been waiting for!!! /s
OH MY GOD. I finally get to laugh ready all this buggy crap on here. Really,, don't even bother giving us games if you can't come up with anything better than the 3 so far. Cheap skates.
Sponsored