How long after GTPE order did you get a production date?

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Just wondering how long after GTPE order is confirmed by Ford, did you receive a production date and/or vin?
2022 performance:
Ordered 10/26/21
Order confirmed 12/14
Scheduled for production email came 1/20 (production scheduled for 2/14)
Also got the VIN 1/20 email
2/23 email that my vehicle has been built and will be delivered March 24-30th. I called the dealer yesterday, they say their paperwork shows it on the truck for delivery March 28-32. Next week.
sold my 2021 today, so I’m careless.
Sponsored

Chainspell

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium 4X, '23 GTPE
Country flag
I placed my order online on February 3, 2022. On February 17, 2022, the order page on the Ford website showed that production will commence the week of April 25. On March 21, I received an e-mail from Ford with my VIN and also confirming the week of production.
Nice. That is the fastest one I've seen. I wonder how other '22 orders compare.

Chainspell

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium 4X, '23 GTPE
Country flag
2022 performance:
Ordered 10/26/21
Order confirmed 12/14
2/23 email that my vehicle has been built and will be delivered March 24-30th. I called the dealer yesterday, they say their paperwork shows it on the truck for delivery March 28-32. Next week.
Mind if I ask what did you sell and how did you sell it? I would like to trade in my '21, but wondering how to maximize sale without too much of a headache and making sure I have the cash to apply to the GTPE down payment. I like my dealer, but I am hesitant to trade-in with them at the GTPE signing since they know I will likely take whatever they offer...

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Mind if I ask what did you sell and how did you sell it? I would like to trade in my '21, but wondering how to maximize sale without too much of a headache and making sure I have the cash to apply to the GTPE down payment. I like my dealer, but I am hesitant to trade-in with them at the GTPE signing since they know I will likely take whatever they offer...
2021 rapid red GT (non performance). 4,400 miles owned since Oct.
I’m in San Diego, may matter by location.
I paid/posted it on Autotrader and a couple others. That spreads it to all kinds of sites. It took about 7 days and there was not a lot of action. One main inquiry and he drove from LA to pick it up.
I asked $65,500
They paid $63k.
Most dealer ads are in the 70-72k range.
Another option I was considering was carsandbids.com. Go check out their recent sales, check out their process. Free to sell…. 7 day auction. Feel free to ask more. But I sell houses, not cars! :)

Chainspell

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium 4X, '23 GTPE
Country flag
2021 rapid red GT (non performance). 4,400 miles owned since Oct.
I’m in San Diego, may matter by location.
I paid/posted it on Autotrader and a couple others. That spreads it to all kinds of sites. It took about 7 days and there was not a lot of action. One main inquiry and he drove from LA to pick it up.
I asked $65,500
They paid $63k.
Most dealer ads are in the 70-72k range.
Another option I was considering was carsandbids.com. Go check out their recent sales, check out their process. Free to sell…. 7 day auction. Feel free to ask more. But I sell houses, not cars! :)
Did you already have the title or did you need to work with a lienholder?

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
With rates in the high 1.xxx and low 2.xxx, definitely a lender! So the loan was paid off, the lender notified the DMV and then the DMV should mail the buyer the title direct. Should take 2-3 weeks total for him to receive his new title.
I slept poorly last night thinking about not Having my car. :(

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
2022 performance:
Ordered 10/26/21
Order confirmed 12/14
You people who get communication from Ford! Back in my day you ordered and had to continually check your order page with Developer Tools open in your browser to get any information, then go to the seg.fyi site to get more useful information. ??

Congrats on the quick turn-around and delivery. ??

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
You people who get communication from Ford! Back in my day you ordered and had to continually check your order page with Developer Tools open in your browser to get any information, then go to the seg.fyi site to get more useful information. ??

Congrats on the quick turn-around and delivery. ??
"Back in your day..." HA! "Back in your day, cars werent sold with floor mats, those were extra and we liked it that way!" HA!

Is this really quick turn time? Oct through late March? I guess my 2021 came in about 8 or 9 months so this one is a little bit faster.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
"Back in your day..." HA! "Back in your day, cars werent sold with floor mats, those were extra and we liked it that way!" HA!
<SNIP>
LOL My Blazer didn’t come with carpet and the window sticker shows the rubber floor covering was optionally ordered on the truck, along with roll-up door windows, the 200+ pound plastic roof, and the back seat. ??‍♂?

OP
OP
BTRYPWRDPONY

BTRYPWRDPONY

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE GTPE DMG
Country flag
2022 performance:
Ordered 10/26/21
Order confirmed 12/14
I do have a question, why did it take almost 2 months to get confirmed? I ordered 3/04 and Ford sent confirmation email om 3/9--just curious.

Mgmken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE Red
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I do have a question, why did it take almost 2 months to get confirmed? I ordered 3/04 and Ford sent confirmation email om 3/9--just curious.
I cant answer that one. When I looked at my emails I thought that was weird too. Because I ordered it on 10/26 and they send an immediate email stating "confirmed" I never expected the second email. The second email in Dec says "your order has been confirmed and ordered on your behalf by XXX Car Dealership".

I dont really know... I havent really been watching the calendar. "When it comes, it comes" was my motto. Now that I have sold the other one, I'm watching the calendar. I had to fill up the gas tank on the other car today. $82.00 for just over 3/4 tank. Then again, Im about to spend $70K to save $82.00. ?

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
I am in the Sac area and my GTPE is coming in a few wks…Who is your Dealership? I am with Folsom Lake Ford

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Well after reading all these comments about how GT orders are getting filled more quickly I've put in a order for a grabber blue GTPE today. I had ordered a Premium on 1/6 and will take whichever one comes first.

MGHTYDX

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 BMW i4 M50; '24 Mustang GT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Nice. That is the fastest one I've seen. I wonder how other '22 orders compare.
Just checked my order online, looks like my production date got moved up from the week of 4/25 to the week of 4/18.
Sponsored