Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
There are many threads about problems people have had, but do we have a count of how many people (here at least) have received their cars, and how many people (here at least) have had problems with their cars? It would be good to know if these problems being reported are actually just impacting a small percentage of owners or a large number.
Sponsored

hroj-mustang

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium on Order
Country flag
I can tell you that my experience thus far has been pretty much issue free. Setting up the PAAK was a huge pain and took numerous tries and resets on my phone but worked the first try on my wifes so for all i know i cant put that on the car.

Everything else has been pretty great minus some bugs in the app and today for some reason my bluetooth audio calls dropped a few times.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
There are many threads about problems people have had, but do we have a count of how many people (here at least) have received their cars, and how many people (here at least) have had problems with their cars? It would be good to know if these problems being reported are actually just impacting a small percentage of owners or a large number.
there's a form linked somewhere on here that is collecting "statistics" about problems. Might as well use a random number generator.

why do I say that? because it tells you what percentage of people on here are having problems. that's all.

it's important to understand this site is not necessarily a representative sample of owners. in fact, it likely isn't.

for example, let's say 100 people on here report a problem, out of the maybe... 1000? active users? let's say even just 200 to make it "worse." That's 50%. Wow, 50%!

but... say 200 people on here, 1800 people (pretty sure it's more than that) that aren't but have taken delivery, none of them have the problem... suddenly we're at 5% and literally nothing has changed.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
there's a form linked somewhere on here that is collecting "statistics" about problems. Might as well use a random number generator.

why do I say that? because it tells you what percentage of people on here are having problems. that's all.

it's important to understand this site is not necessarily a representative sample of owners. in fact, it likely isn't.

for example, let's say 100 people on here report a problem, out of the maybe... 1000? active users? let's say even just 200 to make it "worse." That's 50%. Wow, 50%!

but... say 200 people on here, 1800 people (pretty sure it's more than that) that aren't but have taken delivery, none of them have the problem... suddenly we're at 5% and literally nothing has changed.
I realize this forum isn’t a representative or statistically valid sample. It’s the only thing I have to get any kind of idea as to what’s going on. For example, suppose 100 people here received there cars but for all the issues brought up about PAAK, 12V battery, L3 charging issues, misaligned body panels, roof wind noise, (and I’m sure I’ve missed a few), only 3 people reported problems, that’s one thing. On the other hand, if 80 of those 100 people have reported problems, then I’m going to have my eyes open when I pick mine up ?

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
PaaK

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

unfaulted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
That survey seems misleading to me.. we’ve had our MME almost 3 weeks now and it’s been great. PAAK is definitely intermittent but I’d hardly call that a major issue compared to the others (LVB, wind, charging, etc) which we’ve avoided. Knock on wood.

So if I were to take the survey I’d really like to say no issues, but since PAAK is an option I should check that. Then checking both seems wrong but if I don’t check no issues it’d seem to end up artificially low

I think people really wanna know how prevalent the major issues are, at least that’d be my concern if I was still waiting/deciding on delivery, but I’m not sure how we could track or measure that. Even “major” can still a bit subjective since something like display wine could be a deal breaker for some and irrelevant or unnoticeable to others ?‍♂
Best bet seems to be test drive it, decide based on that and hope Ford takes care of you if anything comes up. Track record so far seems to be looking ok when something major comes up if you can afford some time at the dealer

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Does that also track the total number of people who have received their cars? It’s pretty useless if it’s only a count of the cars that have problems.
no, but there is another sheet somewhere on the site that's tracking deliveries... it's here : Mach-E Owners Registry & Stats [Enter Yours]! | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum - MachEforum.com

There's some stats there too I believe. Although tbh I'm not paying any real attention to either place but I think you can pull stuff from it.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ok, so 31 submissions to the issues log and 44 entries on the registry. If each entry on the issues log is from a different owner, then about 3/4 of the owners on the registry have reported issues to the issues log. That’s what I was looking for.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ok, so 31 submissions to the issues log and 44 entries on the registry. If each entry on the issues log is from a different owner, then about 3/4 of the owners on the registry have reported issues to the issues log. That’s what I was looking for.
while the numbers are meaningless, I'll say that your statement about the meaningless numbers is insufficient.

If each entry on the issues log is from a different owner, and all the issue submissions are from owners thar are on the registry, and none of the submitters submitted the survey more than once, then...
Sponsored