How much instruction/Information should you expect from the dealer on a new Mach-E

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Delivered 9/9/22, GT500
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
There’s really not much to these new vehicles .
[/QUOTE]

Goes to forums page... Sees a bazillion posts about "how to" and "why". So, not that easy.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s a car, just get in and drive away lol. If your buying an EV you should have already educated yourself on charging requirements so there’s really nothing important for them to show you. If you want to learn about features, just read the manual and if you’re still confused watch YouTube videos.
There’s really not much to these new vehicles if you already know how to use a smart phone.
Funniest thing I've read today, perhaps this week. And not remotely true.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
It’s been almost a year since we bought ours so hopefully the dealers have gotten more educated about EV’s! Having said that I have had experiences with 3 Central Florida Ford dealers and they have all been good!!!

kulaga

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER Grey, 2023 MME GT Black
Country flag
As long as your are patient and take the time, it's a really good learning opportunity. My salesperson learned quite a bit and came away from it much better informed and comfortable with the car.

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
There’s really not much to these new vehicles .
Goes to forums page... Sees a bazillion posts about "how to" and "why". So, not that easy.
[/QUOTE]

A bazillion posts by people that don't know how/can't be bothered to use the search feature (or Google) to find the answer without creating yet another post. Considering the low effort those people are putting in to finding the answer (they did manage to find the forum), I'm assuming they're using those posts as an excuse to be social rather than the answer not being easy.

I believe that the dealers are required to walk you through setting up Ford Pass. Beyond that, it's a car. It works like most any other car. You won't break it by pressing buttons/settings to see what they do..

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
As long as your are patient and take the time, it's a really good learning opportunity. My salesperson learned quite a bit and came away from it much better informed and comfortable with the car.
Winner.

Haydn12

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
IT
Country flag
They had a guy at our dealership that walked us through setting everything up. Spent almost a half hour with us. He was specialized in these setups and told us to contact him if he we had any other questions.

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
A bazillion posts by people that don't know how/can't be bothered to use the search feature (or Google) to find the answer without creating yet another post. Considering the low effort those people are putting in to finding the answer (they did manage to find the forum), I'm assuming they're using those posts as an excuse to be social rather than the answer not being easy.

I believe that the dealers are required to walk you through setting up Ford Pass. Beyond that, it's a car. It works like most any other car. You won't break it by pressing buttons/settings to see what they do..
[/QUOTE]
Don’t rely on the dealer
OH, I won't. I'll rely on this forum.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag

[/QUOTE]
A little Humor:
A bazillion prayers by people that don't know how/can't be bothered to use the search feature (or Google) to find the answer without creating yet another prayer. Considering the low effort those people are putting in to finding the answer (they did manage to find the church), I'm assuming they're using those prayers as an excuse to be social rather than the answer not being easy.

I believe that churches are required to walk you through setting up Body Pass. Beyond that, it's a body. It works like most any other bodies. You won't break it by pressing buttons/settings to see what they do.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The reality is that people are lazy. Most won't read the manual or use most of the features of any vehicle. Some will complain and just turn the car back to the dealer and buy something else.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Took delivery at the local Electrify America as ours came from out of state. Basically, here is the fob, sign this, here is the access card, have a nice day.
Sponsored

Last edited: