Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well it’s official, car is in deep sleep again and now with an alert, low battery

I've been away for two weeks.

hopefully car starts when I get home in two days

crazy that this should happen in only two weeks. Car was built in December and just got it two weeks ago.. drove it for 2 days and then had to go out of town.
Sponsored

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Well it’s official, car is in deep sleep again and now with an alert, low battery

I've been away for two weeks.

hopefully car starts when I get home in two days

crazy that this should happen in only two weeks. Car was built in December and just got it two weeks ago.. drove it for 2 days and then had to go out of town.
I received this alert right before the car charged the LVB up (I could tell the LVB voltage using the widget).

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
All my worries are for naught. Got home after being away for two weeks and car started up no problem.

MACHEMIKE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Fire Fighter
Country flag
2023 Mach E Premium Extended Range

**OBD READINGS JUST TAKEN IN SLEEP MODE**

My vehicle is brand new; only 6 weeks old. It has switched to Deep Sleep Mode for a fourth day in a row now and counting. Nothing has changed. I use Level II charging. My cars SOC is currently 38% and it switched to DSM after only sitting 2 hours. I never allow the vehicles SOC to drop too low nor do I charge past 90% ever. Not sure what the issue is. Disappointing.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to deactivate Deep Sleep mode IMG_3942

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to deactivate Deep Sleep mode IMG_3939

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to deactivate Deep Sleep mode IMG_3941

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to deactivate Deep Sleep mode IMG_3937

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to deactivate Deep Sleep mode IMG_3936

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

My vehicle is brand new; only 6 weeks old. It has switched to Deep Sleep Mode for a fourth day in a row now and counting. Nothing has changed. I use Level II charging. My cars SOC is currently 38% and it switched to DSM after only sitting 2 hours. I never allow the vehicles SOC to drop too low nor do I charge past 90% ever. Not sure what the issue is. Disappointing.

What is your 12V quiescent average? That’s a parameter in there. 12V is at 71%, not low enough to trigger deep sleep unless the BMS isn’t getting a proper read on the SoC.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I used to get this after a day or two when I first got my car.
after a couple of weeks never have gotten it again

MACHEMIKE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fire Fighter
Country flag
What is your 12V quiescent average? That’s a parameter in there. 12V is at 71%, not low enough to trigger deep sleep unless the BMS isn’t getting a proper read on the SoC.
I will check that… Ty

MACHEMIKE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fire Fighter
Country flag
[/
IMG_3938.png

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
You must be collecting data with the car off because the battery is draining with -11A. That alone will cause the 12V to drain and possibly go into deep sleep FYI (stop data collection when you're done and unplug the OBD device). The quiescent average of 54 mA is a little high, but nothing abnormal. 12V voltage and SoC seem normal. Therefore I think the following SSM applies to you:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...e-deep-sleep-notifications-in-fordpass.26835/

MACHEMIKE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Fire Fighter
Country flag
You must be collecting data with the car off because the battery is draining with -11A. That alone will cause the 12V to drain and possibly go into deep sleep FYI (stop data collection when you're done and unplug the OBD device). The quiescent average of 54 mA is a little high, but nothing abnormal. 12V voltage and SoC seem normal. Therefore I think the following SSM applies to you:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...e-deep-sleep-notifications-in-fordpass.26835/
You are correct, the car was off when I collected the Donna. Also, I have been leaving my OBD plugged in but not connected to the Bluetooth on my phone that I am aware of. Do you think this could also possibly cause issue. I have unplug the OBD now, and put it back in its case.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Do you think this could also possibly cause issue. I have unplug the OBD now, and put it back in its case.
Possibly, try leaving it unplugged for a night and see what happens. Unplug any Dashcams or the like too for the night to see if that helps.
Sponsored