Deep Sleep Question

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
In passing, I have come across several mentions of Deep Sleep only happening when your MME is sitting unused for two weeks. OK, but I have noticed my car going into Deep Sleep several times overnight after having been driven the previous day, including right now! It wakes right up when I go to unlock it, but I find this rather odd based on what I have read in other posts. I searched for a similar question here but did not find anything that addresses this.

Am I misunderstanding Deep Sleep? What exactly is happening here? It is performing perfectly otherwise.
Sponsored

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
there are reports of erroneous/spurious FordPass notifications for "deep sleep" when the vehicle isn't really in deep sleep. (i'm assuming you got a FP notification - if not it would be useful to know how you're seeing it is in deep sleep mode.)

deep sleep mode will happen when the car is trying to conserve/protect the LVB when it is very low SoC. if you have an OBDII adapter + app or a scan tool you can check the LVB/12v SoC and quiescent draw to see if something is drawing down your battery unnecessarily. @Mach-Lee suggests quiescent draw should be under 50mA for good health, 20-30mA for best health.

OP
OP
ArthurDOB

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
there are reports of erroneous/spurious FordPass notifications for "deep sleep" when the vehicle isn't really in deep sleep. (i'm assuming you got a FP notification - if not it would be useful to know how you're seeing it is in deep sleep mode.)

deep sleep mode will happen when the car is trying to conserve/protect the LVB when it is very low SoC. if you have an OBDII adapter + app or a scan tool you can check the LVB/12v SoC and quiescent draw to see if something is drawing down your battery unnecessarily. @Mach-Lee suggests quiescent draw should be under 50mA for good health, 20-30mA for best health.
I am in fact seeing this on Ford Pass. Just wanted to make sure nothing is wrong. I'm sure it's the erroneous notification you mention. I did notice that it picked up that I was close to it with the fob in my pocket before I even opened the door. I'm guessing it wouldn't do that if it really was in deep sleep mode.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am in fact seeing this on Ford Pass. Just wanted to make sure nothing is wrong. I'm sure it's the erroneous notification you mention. I did notice that it picked up that I was close to it with the fob in my pocket before I even opened the door. I'm guessing it wouldn't do that if it really was in deep sleep mode.
I wish I could remember correctly but there is a sleep mode (I believe) other than deep sleep. When I first got my Mach 15 months ago I had it slip into that state every now and then but it never went into “deep sleep.” But I may me mis-remembering things!

Last edited:

Almondtree

First Name
Phyllis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
If you are going to be gone for 2 weeks or more, is there anything you need to do to the MME so you don't have to worry about something while you're gone?

HGxxx

First Name
Harish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion energi, mach e premium standard range
Country flag
If you are going to be gone for 2 weeks or more, is there anything you need to do to the MME so you don't have to worry about something while you're gone?
Leave the high voltage battery near 50 % state of charge. If your leaving the car in a garage then I usually do not plug in (in case an update screws up the settings and the car charges to 100%). If you park outside for 2 weeks then limit the charge to 50-60%0and plug in for the 2weeks. I left my car unplugged at 47%soc for 3 weeks ,came back and restarted just fine

Almondtree

First Name
Phyllis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Leave the high voltage battery near 50 % state of charge. If your leaving the car in a garage then I usually do not plug in (in case an update screws up the settings and the car charges to 100%). If you park outside for 2 weeks then limit the charge to 50-60%0and plug in for the 2weeks. I left my car unplugged at 47%soc for 3 weeks ,came back and restarted just fine
THANKS!!

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
When mine says deep sleep means 12 volt battwry is dead again. Cant seem to fix it. I dont have covers on need to jump it so often. At least now can usually get door open. Then tells me to start car or will shut off. Problem is car wont start just acc mode
Sponsored