Robbahh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Hi all,

I just received my Mustang Mach E, YAY!

I’m very happy with the car but I hate the Deep Sleep mode. It goes into deep sleep mode all the time and I would like to deactivate it.

The reason I use the app is to preheat my car when it’s cold but even when is 10 degrees celcius deep sleep is activated within a day.

Is there anyway to avoid deep sleep without having to connect it to a charger?
Sponsored

Efrim

First Name
Efrim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang mach E RWD
Country flag
I have the same problem. I picked up my Mustang Mach E 4 days ago. It's my first electric car. After a short period of time after the car is parked, it turns into deep sleep mode and it's not possible to start the car using the ford pass app.
I did not found any solution yet.

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla S90D, 2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Deep sleep is protection for a low SOC in the 12 volt battery. If deep sleep was disabled the 12 volt battery would be completely discharged.

If you drive every day it should not happen. If you drive once a week the 12 volt battery can get low. A 12 volt battery charger can help in this case.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
FordPass should work if you are within bluetooth range of the car--although at that range the key Fob should also work.

OP
OP

Robbahh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Deep sleep is protection for a low SOC in the 12 volt battery. If deep sleep was disabled the 12 volt battery would be completely discharged.

If you drive every day it should not happen. If you drive once a week the 12 volt battery can get low. A 12 volt battery charger can help in this case.
Hi Murphy,

Unfortunately the Deep Sleep mode activates after 1 hour.

This is really strange and uncomfortable because I can never use the App and for instance pre-heat.

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hi Murphy,

Unfortunately the Deep Sleep mode activates after 1 hour.

This is really strange and uncomfortable because I can never use the App and for instance pre-heat.
That sounds like one of the following:
A heavy drain is not shutting off when the car is off.
The DC to DC converter is not charging the battery.
The 12 volt battery is failing..

I don't know your electrical capabilities.
I would put a volt meter on the 12 volt power port and monitor the voltage.
If the charger is working it should be 13.8 volts or higher when the car is on.
If that is good what does it do when the car is turned off?
I haven't measured the timer but in my Fusion Energi the 12 volt ports were turned off after 70 minutes.

Is something draining the battery or does the battery need to be load tested.
I have a load tester that puts a 100 amp load on a battery for 10 seconds and monitors for the lowest voltage at the end of the 10 seconds. I would hope that Ford has a load tester. Most places that sell batteries would be able to do it also.

Steven Himpe

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e RWD Extended
Country flag

I drive every day and almost every day the cat gets in deep sleep. Even after parking 10 minutes. Charging or nog Is not making any difference.

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I drive every day and almost every day the cat gets in deep sleep. Even after parking 10 minutes. Charging or nog Is not making any difference.
My car is now doing the deep sleep all of the time now. It appears the 12 volt battery is never charged from the HVB. I need to hook up my battery monitor software to see what is happening with the 12 volt battery.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Hi all,

I just received my Mustang Mach E, YAY!

I’m very happy with the car but I hate the Deep Sleep mode. It goes into deep sleep mode all the time and I would like to deactivate it.

The reason I use the app is to preheat my car when it’s cold but even when is 10 degrees celcius deep sleep is activated within a day.

Is there anyway to avoid deep sleep without having to connect it to a charger?

something has changed... today for me....
I never used to get this message, and today I do?!

I suspect this was buried in some OTA update, but have no idea what module or how to verify, or how to set NOT to go into a coma.... but it doesn't seem to affect the wake up time, so no actual difference as far as I can tell other than the screen taking a moment to wake up.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
That sounds like one of the following:
A heavy drain is not shutting off when the car is off.
The DC to DC converter is not charging the battery.
The 12 volt battery is failing..

I don't know your electrical capabilities.
I would put a volt meter on the 12 volt power port and monitor the voltage.
If the charger is working it should be 13.8 volts or higher when the car is on.
If that is good what does it do when the car is turned off?
I haven't measured the timer but in my Fusion Energi the 12 volt ports were turned off after 70 minutes.

Is something draining the battery or does the battery need to be load tested.
I have a load tester that puts a 100 amp load on a battery for 10 seconds and monitors for the lowest voltage at the end of the 10 seconds. I would hope that Ford has a load tester. Most places that sell batteries would be able to do it also.

i dont think it is a failure... more like a change in software.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Open the windows, close the windows, lock, unlock, start the car.

Sam Sme

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD Iconic Silver
Country flag
Sometimes my MME is not charging overnight because it goes into sleep mode. Car is in a garage and plugged in. I live in Chicago suburbs so you can image the cold weather we have. I don't know what is causing the sleep mode. I can take it off sleep mode unlocking or locking the doors but why is having the car in sleep mode not letting the car to charge? This is happening randomly and I can't figure out it out. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Sometimes my MME is not charging overnight because it goes into sleep mode. Car is in a garage and plugged in. I live in Chicago suburbs so you can image the cold weather we have. I don't know what is causing the sleep mode. I can take it off sleep mode unlocking or locking the doors but why is having the car in sleep mode not letting the car to charge? This is happening randomly and I can't figure out it out. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

are you plugged into 120v, or 240v ?
is your garage below freezing ?

there are some indications that if you are plugged into 120v, there is not enough juice to keep batteries above freezing, and the MME *shouldn't* charge if battery internal temp is <32F

you could try leaving the MME 'on', and disable the auto-shutoff. You can turn cabin heat off, but the batteries need to be warm to accept charge.

Sam Sme

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD Iconic Silver
Country flag
are you plugged into 120v, or 240v ?
is your garage below freezing ?

there are some indications that if you are plugged into 120v, there is not enough juice to keep batteries above freezing, and the MME *shouldn't* charge if battery internal temp is <32F

you could try leaving the MME 'on', and disable the auto-shutoff. You can turn cabin heat off, but the batteries need to be warm to accept charge.
It's plugged into 240V, garage might get below freezing but not that often. There are some nights it's below freezing outside and car charges fine. I posted this issue on another thread and Ford reached out to me asking me for my information so they can look into it. I might play around with what you suggested, let's see what happens. Thanks for your help.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
It's plugged into 240V, garage might get below freezing but not that often. There are some nights it's below freezing outside and car charges fine. I posted this issue on another thread and Ford reached out to me asking me for my information so they can look into it. I might play around with what you suggested, let's see what happens. Thanks for your help.

do you use any kind of schedule charge time, or charge cutoff % ? or, just plug in and let it rip until 100% ?

the times it cut out, were you starting the charge with HV at less than 15% ?

I'm just trying to think of variables OTHER than battery core temp.... I don't use any scheduled charge or wakeup, and never had a problem with charge ending before 100% once I plugged in to start charge.
Sponsored